Thursday, April 30, 2009

Goal #8

Objective: Pretend to be a student at The George Washington University
Status: COMPLETE
For more details on the list of Washington DC goals, click here.

This morning, I walked to the GW gym facility, and got my pass! It was already prepared for me, with my name and everything. I can officially pretend that I go to GW. :) The End.
By the way, I covered up my face on purpose. I was nasty from the gym.

Yesterday me and the other girls who haven't started their internships yet went to a couple local art galleries. Rebecca found them in the newspaper. One was in downtown Georgetown in this old building that we had to push a button and call up to get the door unlocked. We were such city folk! It was kind of like a movie. The guy who owned the gallery was French. His name was Jean Louis. There was an exhibit of photographs set up. The theme had something to do with graffiti, but I don't remember what it was called exactly. Really cool, though. Next, we went to Alexandria, VA on the metro to see another gallery. We rode a free trolley to the harbor and docks (there were lots of cool boats!), and found the gallery. This exhibit was called, "black, white, and a little bit of color." It was actually a print-making gallery, and one of the artists was there and told us all about what she does. It was super great! Except, it was really cold yesterday, and it rained a lot. I was pretty miserable a lot of the time for no particular reason. Well, I was cold, hungry, tired, and wet. Not a good combination. The exhibits were cool, though, and I really liked Alexandria. It was adorable. On the way back, the metro broke down, and they kicked us all off. I was pretty ticked. Like I said, I wasn't in the best of moods. We got home about 2 hours later than originally planned, and I was EXHAUSTED! We still partied when I got back, though, and me, my roommate Genevieve, and two girls down the hall, Kate and Ashley, raided the building library and started a book club! We were trying to have our first meeting, but the boys kept interrupting. We'll have to officially start today. :) The four of us also didn't go to institute. I got back late, like I said, and still wanted to eat, and I think the others just forgot. So, we snuck down at the end of the class to take advantage of the refreshments. We got all the perks, and we didn't have to sit through 2 hours of class! We are the smartest people ever. Yahoo!

This is the only picture that I took yesterday. I am loving all the random signs in D.C. They are so funny. I have NO IDEA what this is supposed to mean. Oh well. It's funny. The picture features Rebecca, Sisi, and Amanda. I took the picture. :) So anyway, I'm super excited to have my gym pass, and I'm mad that the weather is crappy outside. It's all rainy and cloudy still. Not good. Not happy weather. And it's supposed to rain ALL WEEKEND.
This is me and my roommmate, Genevieve. She is totally awesome. We make each other laugh.

TT!

2 comments:

dani said...

oh my gosh i love genevieve! i worked with her at byu! she is the coolest girl ever. please tell her that i say hi :)

ps-i am SO jealous of you!

Moe said...

art galleries! cool! You're so fly spain. The people in your program look so fun! I'm glad they are all being nice to you, and that you and Genevieve make each other laugh. That's Great!