Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Keep My Promises.


Remember when I said that I would live in Washington D.C. someday? If you don't, read blog post #2 from back in September. I had no idea at the time that my dearest wish would come true so soon! But it will! I am going to live in Washington D.C. for three months this summer. I am going with BYU's Washington Seminar program, and I am currently working on getting hired for a sweet internship. The top 10 things that I am MOST excited for:
1) Living just off Pennsylvania Ave.
2) Actually getting to tour the white house.
3) Eating breakfast at the Eastern Market on many Saturdays.
4) Being able to tell people that I'm a local, even though I kind of won't be.
5) Walking around the mall whenever I want.
6) Actually getting to spend significant time in the Smithsonians.
7) Our excursion trip to Gettysburg, Philadelphia, and Valley Forge. Muy Exciting.
8) Going to the gym and library at George Washington University.
9) Riding the metro everywhere, except to Georgetown. It doesn't go that far.
10) Having a real-live reader's pass for the Library of Congress and pretending to do research for something important.

Doesn't this sound like it is going to be like the best summer of anyone's life, EVER?? I am more excited than I can stand, but I am also very nervous. I am going to have a real job, in an actual professional setting. Weird, right? But it will be the bomb.com.

And remember, I still need to complete the promise to take over Washington. I'll let everyone know when that happens. If it's not already obvious. :)

4 comments:

Moe said...

I am SO excited for you Aud!! That is pretty much the coolest thing EVER!!! It is perfect for you, and don't be nervous! You were made for D.C., and every other historically inclined town, doing historically important jobs!

Ashley and Devon said...

dude-this does sound amazing!!! oh man, im so happy for you-you are going to have a blast!

Kaitlin said...

i didnt know that you finally decided that you are really going to go? why didnt you tell me this...i feel so left out now..whats going on in your life..i feel like i dont know you anymore...auds come back to me...your still my bff...am i still yours...whats going on... im so confused???????????????????????????????????????????/

Lorina said...

Audrey I had no idea that you are going! I'm so happy for you!!!!!