Monday, April 6, 2009

FINALLY!!!! I GET TO BRAG ABOUT THIS!!!


It is entirely official. I am going to be an intern in the Smithsonian Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. this summer. I will be working in the Archives Center on the first floor, specifically working on a special collection of photographs from a photography studio in D.C. that dates back about 100 years. So, I'll see some pretty cool things!

Can I just say that the Smithsonian Institution is one of the most famous museums in the world??? You can not get much more prestigious- unless your are talking about the Louvre or something. Anyway, I'm excited.

So, I leave for D.C. on April 25th, and my blog will be filled with news and pictures about everything- so keep checking! It's about to get very exciting.

The picture is of me by a the Museum of Native American History- so not the one I will be working with, but still a Smithsonian. :) I'm so cool!

Last, I just want to say that this whole battle to get an internship has been very stressful. I just hope that in a couple of months I will say that it was all worth it. During this process, I checked my email probably 600 times, and I'm not exaggerating. At least 12 times a day for at least a month, and on days when I actually thought I was going to get an email, the checking increased to probably 40 times a day. It was ridiculous. But the good news is, I finally scored!! And in a major way. :) Yay me!

3 comments:

Moe said...

SO PROUD! Who knew when you promised to live in DC on day, that you would live there so soon?? Crazy Drina, your dreams come true so fast!

Stephanie said...

Yay! That's so exciting! I'm so glad that worked out for you. It will be so much fun. Now all you need to do is find that senator's son. :)

Jennifer said...

Aud! That is so AWESOME!!! I cant wait to hear all about it! And i better get a graduation present of some sort from DC because your missing my big day for this! ; ] I LOVE YOU!