Monday, April 13, 2009

My last post

Okay, so it's not really my last post, but it's the last one I will write when I am still 20 years old. I turn 21 tomorrow, April 14th. I was totally okay about this until just about NOW. I am starting to have second thoughts. The previous okay feeling was very unusual for me. I guess I should have put this on my "Odd things about Aud" list, because I know it's weird. I don't really like having a birthday. (Sidenote: I hate New Years' Eve too). I have never wanted to get older--- I still live by that giraffe from Toys 'R Us that says, "I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys 'R Us kid." I don't like adding another number to my age. When I was at the gym today, and I had to enter my age on the elliptical machine, I thought, "this is the last time I get to enter '20'," and I was sad. I've done the same thing, and have the same thoughts about multiple things the last couple of days. It's very depressing. And you know what 21 means? A lot of scary things. I like actually have to be a grown up now. I'm old enough to go on a mission, and I'm old enough to be completely legal. Super weird.

So, to sum up, I hate getting older, and I hate change. I like things to stay the same all the time. I like them to be good and then stay the same. And I don't want to grow up.

The end. Good bye age 20. You've been good to me. I'll miss ya.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

What a depressing post! This coming from one half of Audrey Squared?? No way! The next post better be about how you are super stoked to be 21 and how you are loving it! 21 is the new 16 my friend! :)
PS I have a shower invite for you.. it's Saturday.

Lorina said...

Audrey, my phone is acting completely stupid so I can't call you or text you on your birthday. Hopefully, I'll get my phone soon. I just want to wish you a happy birthday!!!

Daphne said...

AHA! I found you Audrey Sweetheart! I see you are still as delightfully pep-filled as ever. Next time I am Utah we must needs get our scrap on with the other Pebbles, esp. new mom Audrey. I missed seeing her the last time I was in town. Love ya!

hannahshirley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
WE'RE GONNA PARTY TONIGHT.

Moe said...

Happy Birthday dear! You aren't turning 50 so calm down. I do understand though, but don't stress.