Friday, December 19, 2008
List of Things regarding finals week:
1) Walking to school in the snow. Kind of fun, but not really.
2) 48 hours being academic. 40 hours in the library, and 8 hours actually in tests.
3) Eating two meals on campus most days.
4) Celebrating a day's work by going to bed at 10pm. (Okay, so that only happened once, but it was GREAT! I got 11 hours of sleep that night!)
5) Finishing "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway (Yes, I still took time to relax with a novel, while at the gym anyway). And let me tell you, it was amazing. But very, very sad. I actually almost started crying on the elliptical machine at 24-hour fitness. And I NEVER cry! But seriously, I love good literature. It's so great when you finish a book and feel a ton of respect for the author because the book is like a work of art. So good job Ernest.
6) Easing tension in the library by purchasing a new song on iTunes: "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West. LOVE IT! Oh, and I also found another Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney duet from the early 80's. So, of course, I had to buy that one too.
7) Going to Wilson Diamonds and Zupas for a break on Thursday night with my girls: Ash, Meg, and Rachelle. I can't describe how happy Zupas tomato basil soup makes me. And what about Diamonds?? Indescribable.
8) Opening secret roommate presents.
9) Memorizing random facts about Ancient Rome for the last time. I loved that class. And my new favorite Roman name is Hadrian. He was an emperor of the High Empire. That means he was one of the really good, cool ones.
10) No more sitting in my Shakespeare class with awkward, creepy Shakespeare boy EVER AGAIN. YAY!!!!
11) The Roman look-a-like. ha aha ha.
12) The Neck, Nog, and Snog Party.
13) Laying with Rachelle in our newly arranged living room with the couches across from each other and lots of Christmas lights. It was just like old times. :)
And to my loyal blog readers and faithful friends: Happy Christmas! Happy New Year! Eat good food, get good presents, and please don't die in the snow. :)
Monday, December 1, 2008
My Favorite Things about Thanksgiving this year:
1) Being home with just my family
2) My cheeseball. It's pretty much my new favorite food.
3) Our 5 baby bunnies. My favorite one has red, white, and gray fur. His name is T-Gray, cause it's kind of gray, but is also striped like a tiger.
4) My brother's new car.
5) The swing my dad built on our tree. We finally got it hung on the branch on Saturday.
6) The leaf marks that the falling leaves and rain left on my car. They are going to be a pain to wash off, but right now it looks AWESOME!
7) Helping my mom in her classroom and reading the kids' stories about turkeys.
8) Low gas prices!!! I filled up in St.G for $21.00! It was only $1.54 a gallon. AMAZING!
9) Watching music videos on VH1 every morning. I LOVE music videos. My new favorites are Pink's "So What," and Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold." They are both hilarious.
10) The St. George sun. I loved the warm weather. I loved driving down the street with the windows down and the sunroof open. And PS, if you've never driven around in St.G, you don't know what you're missing. The streets are wide, clean, and peaceful. It's just the best place ever. I love St. George.