Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thoughts of January Second.

1. Why can't socks stay on my feet? New socks, old socks. With new shoes or old shoes. The only ones that stay are ankle socks, and you CANNOT wear ankle socks with dress pants... which is what I have to wear to work. I am seriously constantly twisting my socks back around and pulling them back up. I'm going to blame the shinscles.

2. I bought Phillip Phillips's The World From the Side of the Moon yesterday...I finally gave in after wishing it was on my iPod for like 2 weeks. And it's so calm. It's like....raw pop. (I know, I make up all of these terms. I am aware.) It almost has this Johnny Cash feel, like a little bluegrassy or something. But in a good way. And he has such a sexy voice. Sample below:


3. It is so unbelievably cold in this place we call Salt Lake City. And my basement might be the coldest basement in the world. I feel like a ten degree difference when I walk up the stairs in the morning. Honestly, I get out of bed and just shiver the entire time I get ready and then I go upstairs to eat and I'm like, how is it so warm up here???????? It feels all  lovely and then I just get angry and jealous of those who sleep in the toasty land of the upstairs instead of the tundra of the basement.

4. Conversation with Nathan today:
Me: have you seen Les Mis?
Nathan: no.
Me: why not?
Nathan: I don't want to.
Me: Why?
Nathan: It's a musical.
Me: Do you hate music?
Nathan: No.
Me: Do you have a soul?
Nathan: .....

He obviously doesn't. That is clear. And he even served his mission in Paris! As Mike Poulson would say, "WHAT THE?"
As a sidenote, who else has a crush on Marius?

2 comments:

Stephanie Lin said...

"It's a musical."

"Do you hate music?"

Audrey, you are a genius.

And, boys are dumb.

Unknown said...

I have a really cold basement too! It is the worst. My nose literally turns red. I got a space heater and a heating pad and it makes A WORLD of difference. I have lived in this house for a year now, and I literally bought my space heater for $18 the second day I lived there. It is ridiculously cold. I love my space heater! I even bring it to work with me because my office is cold too!