Thursday, January 31, 2013

Over Again

1. So much for having as many posts in January 2013 as I did in the whole year of 2012. I was close, though.

2. January 31-- the birth day of Justin Timberlake. A day that I will always remember. I see the date and the only thing I can think of is Justin Timberlake and how I was so jealous in 6th grade of my friend Mackenzie because she had the same birthday as the One and Only. The Google home page is paying homage to Jackie Robinson. It's appropriate, I guess. But someday I bet there will be a little cartoon JT smiling at me on this day at google.com.

3. The more I listen to Ed the more I love him. And guess what?? The most exciting thing of 2013 happened today (actually, maybe not as exciting as a new JT single). BUT GUESS WHAT?????? I found and bought tickets for ED SHEERAN AT SALTAIR. NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!! I called Lauren the moment I saw them online and practically started screaming when she answered the phone. And then she was screaming too and then I bought the tickets. So now, next Wednesday will become the best day of 2013. The end.

4. To add to the exciting-ness that is Ed next Wednesday, the venue is the Great Saltair near Magna, Utah. This is one of those places that I have been dreaming of visiting since I started working at Special Collections at BYU and saw a bunch of pictures of this old water park resort thing at the Great Salt Lake and everyone was wearing those swim suits from the 1920s that look like regular clothes, complete with hats and everything. And Saltair itself looked like a palace on the water. I read up on the whole thing on Wikipedia like a year ago, and found out that the original building was burned down, like, a couple of times and it was rebuilt for the millionth time in the '80s and now they use it for concerts and such. And I get to go there and see Ed!!!! All of my wildest dreams are coming true. Next week. Now all I have to do is meet my husband there and fall madly in love, and the day will be unsurpassed for all of history.
Saltair now. rebuilt in 1987.
The old Saltair. Isn't it amazing??? The first Saltair burned down in 1925.

See all the people??? See the swim suits that say, "Saltair"???? I wish I could have seen it back then.

oh my heck, I should have my wedding reception there. And it will be a ball/black tie affair.

5. Great news: I DIDN'T HAVE TO SCRAPE OFF MY WINDOWS THIS MORNING!

6. Other great news: I have the day off tomorrow!! And that means I can stay up late and then sleep in!! HEAVEN!!!!

7. Do you ever feel like people only add you on Facebook because they want to Facebook stalk you for some reason, and you think you know what that reason is, but you are probably just being paranoid??? Do you?

8. Did anyone notice that the titles of my last three posts (minus the one titled "?") were all One Direction songs---the 3 songs that Ed Sheeran wrote for them??? Did anyone notice?? 5 points if you noticed!!

Ciao.

1 comment:

lene b said...

i cannot wait for your wedding at the saltair. can i wear a 1920s swimsuit please?