Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I don't even know what to call this.

What is the most frustrating thing that can happen to you in your whole life? Something that can happen any time of the week, and doesn't usually have any real, terrible consequences?

I had a very hilarious story planned for this post. I've been thinking about it all day. But now I'm just sick of telling this story. As it turns out, most people look at you like you are a big idiot if you tell them that you locked your keys in your car, while it was running, before work, TWO DAYS IN A ROW.

They don't laugh (as is the proper response). They look at you, very concerned, and suggest kindly that you should get a spare key to remedy your unfortunate and idiotic habit.

I think that sort of a suggestion is a perfect THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS situation.

And just so everyone is aware, I now have three sets of keys. My normal keys. A set in a magnetic box attached to the underside of my car, and another that will be hidden near my house once the snow is gone.

And also, just so everyone is aware, I completely blame the cold weather. My car has been acting weird, period. And the locks are obviously playing tricks on me. And if I didn't ever need to scrape my windows I wouldn't have ever gotten out of the car after having started it.

So there.

And while I'm being angry, this is an anonymous note:

Dear Next Door Neighbor:

I shouldn't have to park 2 blocks away to find a parking spot when there are two available spots in front of your house. The temperature has not risen above freezing in like the last month, and I might get hypothermia or pneumonia or, I don't know, TB (haha) from making the trek from car to house and back. I will be sending you the hospital bill. And please stop being so mean.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood single people with 4 cars who need places to park them.

And Andrew, I don't appreciate your attitude when I confess to you about my keys-locked-in-car situation while I'm on my way to Stephanie's house and then you text her right away with a warning: "Audrey's coming. Guard your keys."

4 comments:

Stephanie Lin said...

Um, does your neighbor read your blog?

Audrey said...

definitely not. I don't think he even knows my name.

Moe said...

I laughed when I read the two days in a row part. I love it.

Jennifer said...

Next time call me. I'll laugh :)