Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm here I'm here I'm here!

I have lots to say. And like zero time.

First of all, I don't have internet in my apartment yet. So I'm in the little internet zone in the lobby of my apartments.

Speaking of apartments, I'm stoked about this one.

I have a 12th floor balcony that looks out at the city of Arlington, VA.
I have a doorman who helps people carry up their things.
I have a business center where printing is FREE.
I have a gym on the top floor with big big windows.
I live about a block from the metro and a giant super fun mall.
All the bedrooms have giant walk-in closets and huge mirrors in the bathrooms.

I'm still the only person here-- there will eventually be eleven of us. I think someone else is coming tomorrow. We will have two apartments between us, and I think I'm going to be in the one that I'm not in right now. The second one isn't available until next week. So, the 12th floor thing might change, unfortunately. But I'll still have a balcony. And maybe an even bigger apartment! (because it's the 3-bedroom rather than the 2!)

Last night and today I roamed around the district and fondly remembered my old stomping grounds. I have already covered Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Penn Quarter, and a lot of Crystal City. The Mall is next on the list (it would have been first, but I have to follow Stephanie's plans because she is only here for a couple of days. She flew out with me, btw). I love it too much. I'm so happy to be here!

ALSO, tomorrow I am going to NYC for NYE. Yay Times Square. Look for updates on THAT!

4 comments:

Calista said...

Yes! That sounds like a super sweet deal! Have so much fun in NYC and be safe!

Ariel said...

Oh Audrey! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you. Keep us updated! I hope you were safe and warm in NYC :)

Audrey said...

I hope NYE was fun AND SAFE!! :) I can't wait to hear all about it! Your new years resolution should be to post regularly about you life back east so we don't all miss you too much! :)

Jennifer said...

It sounds like the best apartment EVER!!! : ) Love you!