Saturday, December 11, 2010

Audrey's early politics

At the gym (about 10 minutes ago), I was watching CNN while listening to my Motown #1's. On CNN there was a breaking report about how Bill Clinton supports Obama's new tax something or other. And I remembered something.

When I was in 3rd grade during the 1996 presidential election and Clinton was campaigning for re-election. My elementary school was full of excitement-- all the classes took a poll and we kind of ran our own election. There was a giant graph in the hall that showed the polls and everything. Elementary kids in Utah were largely in favor of Bob Dole, token republican of the campaign.

I, however, was 100% behind Bill Clinton because for some odd reason, I thought that President Clinton had been in charge of the opening ceremonies at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, and I was obsessed with those Olympics and their opening ceremonies.

Seriously. My political views of age 8 were directly correlated to the grand show I had seen on my little television set several months earlier.

I remember that very specifically. And all the other 3rd graders thought I was crazy for liking President Clinton.

The end.

3 comments:

dani said...

oh my gosh.
you are such a nut.

haha and i love you for it.

Moe said...

haha! oh drin.

Calista said...

Our third grade class did the same thing! And I'm pretty sure that I voted for Clinton too, but I'm pretty sure it was because someone told me he already was president, and it just made sense that he should stay president...

BTW we need to get together before you leave Provo for St. George, and Provo and St. George for D.C. AND I need my book back.