Saturday, March 7, 2009

This is it



Several memorable things have happened this week, and several things that were supposed to be memorable didn't happen this week. I will list them and be brief:
1. Monday: my massive British Lit test, 12 hours spent on campus, Meghan's birthday party (that was super fun, by the way), and the HOT SPRINGS in Midway. Elaboration later, and perhaps never. How I had time for all of that in one day I will never know.
2. Tuesday: School, American Idol, and Kyle's surprise party! Yay! I swear, it was like birthday week!
3. Wednesday: School, Pebbles, back to campus for a group project.
4. Thursday: presentation of said group project, Pebbles, and scrapbooking with Audrey P.! I am happy to say that my ugly stage from last week disappeared, and I was able to create 2 fabulous pages! Yay! The thing that went wrong: my ward was supposed to go tubing at Soldier's Hollow that day. First, I couldn't go because I had to work. Second, the Soldier's Hollow people wouldn't let them come anyway because it was too windy.
5. Friday: one class from 8 to 9, and then Audrey relaxation day began. I came home, put my pj's back on, fixed a bed on the couch, set up my laptop on the coffee table, and put in my newest arrival from those nice people at netflix. I love those guys. After the movie, I got ready in what was supposed to be warp speed but ended up taking a lot longer, and Rachelle and I drove to Draper for the temple open house! It took a couple hours, but it was SO beautiful and SO worth it. We loved it. After the temple, we drove to the Fashion Place Mall in SLC. The point of going was to see Stephanie, who was working an event for Lancome, and of course, to shop. The event was the grand opening of the new Nordstrom's at that mall. It was just like Stephanie said: shiny, sparkly, and you kind of want to buy everything. After braving the masses in Nordstrom, we were super tired, and decided to settle down for some cheesecake. At Cheesecake Factory. Lemon Raspberry all the way. Yum. After eating more sugar in one piece of shared cheesecake than either of us had eaten in a week, we attempted to drive home. I really don't know what the problem was. I think I suddenly came down with a disease called, "I no longer know how to follow freeway signs." Actually, I'm just going to blame it all on the cheesecake. In a matter of minutes, we found ourselves at the airport, not on the way to Provo. After a while of examining distant roads and thinking really hard, we found our way to downtown Salt Lake where we KNEW that we could find our way to I-15. Piece of cake. Piece of cheesecake, rather. However, it took us like twice as long to get home as it did to get to Draper in the first place. So dumb. Below is Rachelle and her happy face while eating our cheesecake!

Also, my plan for yesterday depended wholly on sunny, very warm weather. There was a double header yesterday at BYU, and ALL week I was determined to go to one of the games. I wanted to SO BAD. But who wants to sit as a baseball game when it is like snowing outside?! No one. So we stayed home. I ended up going to "Bedtime Stories" with Meg and Lorina, which was great, but still. I was muy disappointed.

6. Saturday: Pebbles all morning and afternoon. We counted inventory. Fun! I worked on Pebbles, Inc., which is a massive job. Ashlee laughed at me when I said I wanted to do that company today. haha. I had a plan for today too, that DID NOT work out. I wanted to go to the basketball game REALLY BAD. I wanted to all week. But when it came down to it this evening, no one wanted to go. Sad day. Instead, we went to Kneader's for dinner (instead of Zupas, which was my one heart's desire since I couldn't go to the basketball game), Baskin Robbins for some delicious pistaschio almond ice cream (yay Audrey Squared!), and then came home and watched Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. The exciting thing of the day came after the movie, and Rachelle, Paul, and I were just sitting around listening to our favorite songs. Paul mentioned something about Michael Jackson and his upcoming tour. This is when my jaw dropped and an explosive "WHAT?!!!?!??!" came out of my mouth. I immediately did the research. It is not actually a tour :(, but, he is performing 10 concerts in July, in London. LONDON??!! Why not New York, or WASHINGTON D.C.??? What is wrong with you, Michael?? Do you not care about your American fans?? Also, the concerts were announced as his final bows- the last curtain call- a retirement from the entertainment business for good. The tour is actually called, "This is it." And it is. Anyway, I looked up flights to London in July, and they are like 900 bucks. So it's a no go. But for a small, glimmering instant, I thought I was there. I will never ever see MJ live. No longer possible. (Unless I can win some sort of sweepstakes and fly to London for free. Keep your eyes out, everyone.) I know I'm a weirdo, but wouldn't you go if you could? I mean, who wouldn't? No matter how creepy he is, remember what he was. If you want to see the announcement, here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKaySqh1XPU

That's the end of this week. Hopefully next week will be more eventful. This weekend was definitely a dry spell. Too bad. I'm running out of weekends to spend in Provo, so next week has to be super double amazing to make up for it. You hear that peeps? Make it up to me.

So much for trying to be brief.

2 comments:

Ron and Maggie said...

OH MY HECK AUDREY! I WOULD TOTALLY GO TO MJ CONCERT WITH YOU! Maybe! We could half the air fair to london and we can stuff some one in a carry on? I know squishy for an over 10 hour flight! But I figure it would be pretty dang cold in the luggage chamber thingy. Tell me what ya think!

Moe said...

Aud!..."hopefully next week will be more eventful"... what the?? Last week sounded pretty eventful to me. Seriously, when do you do school work?? Sounds to me like BYU is a party school, and hands out degrees for the wildest partier.