Sunday, March 29, 2009

Breakfast at Kaitlin's

Me and Kait




Kaitlin and her Mama.




Okay, so it wasn't breakfast, and it wasn't at Kaitlin's apartment. It was a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed bridal shower! BEST BRIDAL SHOWER EVER (except for the other two that I threw... Uh, I still love you BSC!).

We all wore black and white and pearls, and it was so fancy! We drank sparkling grape juice in tiny champagne glasses that we bought at the party store for $9. Kind of pricey, but so worth it! And Meghan, Lorina, and I made cupcakes- I made black-bottomed cream cheese (thanks for the recipe, Ash, it's my new fave!), Meg made strawberry shortcake cupcakes (that were ADORABLE, by the way), and Lorina attempted to make red velvet, and they would have been amazing, we just ran out of time to finish them before the shower started. Anyway, it was great. We decorated with black, white, a little bit of silver, and a little bit of Tiffany blue. We had pretty table clothes, and Audrey Hepburn posters, and balloons, and all sorts of festive things.

As for as activities for the shower went, Meg made a movie of Spencer answering questions about himself, and Kaitlin had to guess that answers. She actually did a really good job. :) Props. We also played a new game called, "Name that body part!" We took pictures of bunch of boys' arms, hands, feet, eyes, lips, butts, etc., and then we all guessed which ones were Spencer. Kaitlin, incidentally, was the only one who got them all right. It was a fun game, but a little hard to prepare. It was slightly awkward asking the boys if we could take pictures of their butts. We have cooperating friends, fortunately. I also made a little book for everyone to sign notes to Kaitlin in.

To sum up, it was really fun, but TOTALLY stressful. I forgot until just now how crazy it was that morning before the shower. When we woke up in the morning, we still had to take pictures of boys, print off the said pictures, clean the apartment, grocery shop for our cupcake ingredients, make the cupcakes, decorate the house, go the Pebbles to put together the advice book for Kaitlin, go to the party store to get dishes and such, buy balloons, AND shower and get ourselves ready for the extravaganza. The shower was at 2, and we didn't get to the store in the morning until about ten. To put it lightly, I WAS FREAKING OUT. I think I'm a pretty good party planner, I make things fun, right? But for some reason, this all just fell through until the last minutes. Part of the problem was my burnt hand because it made me do everything ten times slower than normal, and the other part was that I was totally out of party-preparing commission on Friday because my family was in town (which was great, by the way). I also have to say that NOTHING would have worked out if I had been doing it all myself. Meghan, Lorina, and Elise helped A LOT, and Ashley, Rachelle, and Ann did a lot too. Thanks, guys. (Also, I don't want to make this sound like it was my shower to throw- we were all kind of in it together- well, mostly Meghan and me). So, back to me freaking out. I was rushing around trying to do everything, making the cupcakes and throwing pots around, and Ann finally said, "Audrey, how about we put on some relaxing music. That usually seems to help you." So sweet, Annie Bananie. She knows that I can't live without my music. The problem, was, though, that the speakers that would have made the music worth playing were IN THE WAY, and we were trying to clear everything out of the living room, so music was not an option. Sad day.


All of the craziness is a success story, though. We were all totally ready by like 2:15 (so a little late, but everyone arrived late anyway). Miracle of Miracles. And Kaitlin, we love you, and all the stress was totally worth it to throw you an awesome shower. I hope you loved it, because it was pretty dang amazing. :) And Hannah, Dani, and Lauren, I'm so sorry you couldn't make it. :(

1 comment:

Moe said...

Drin, I bet the bridal shower turned out great. That is such a fun theme! It's so funny, cuz I can imagine you freaking out stressing trying to throw all the pieces together the day of the shower. haha! Time just sneaks up on ya sometimes huh!?? So i really miss you! I can't get my head around you moving to DC and then going on a mish. SO much craziness!! Life is happening too quick! Next thing ya know we'll be the old crazy ladies at Dixie High Schools football games. That's still the plan right? :) Love you!