Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An Ode to Max, Dennis, and the gang.

I love BYU football, and I love that we totally creamed Oregon State tonight. A perfect finish to a kind of messy season.

But remember at the very beginning of the season WHEN WE BEAT OKLAHOMA? That was incredible. I feel like a lot of people forget that happened. But I sure didn't. And remember how we celebrated in the streets in massive, but very controlled riots? Remember meeting the team at the airport and yelling our guts out and feeling like fainting? Yeah, I remember that. (And did I mention that OU has a TOTALLY HOT quarterback who was injured and stood at the side of the field without his helmet the whole game? Could it have gotten any better?)

And then we lost a couple games, and won a couple games, and it was all very peachy and normal and fun.

AND THEN, we beat UTAH a couple weeks ago, and I was happier that I had been since Andrew's wedding. It was a fantastic game. And I sat in the front row, and I rushed the field, and the players wore the old royal blue uniforms. Beautiful.

It was a good season. And even though I kind of complain that I'm not graduating for another year, I'm actually just really glad that I get to be around for another football season. All-Sports Pass HERE I COME!

Now I'm just excited to see how the new quarterback will perform. And who will it be? I'm betting on Riley Nelson.

Anyway, see ya.

1 comment:

dani said...

mmmm what a fun season. and i'm glad we experienced it together, A. next on the docket: BASKETBALL. though lee is gone, we still have jimmer. love that boy so much. it's gonna be greeeaaat!
ps: i love/miss you!