Sunday, February 22, 2009

Paper Faces On Parade


My roommates and I have decided that because we only have TWO months until winter semester is over, we really need to step up our game and actually do the fun stuff that we talk about all the time. We realize that we only have those two months before we are all split up and are divided across the country forever!

So, this weekend, we totally did fun stuff! On Friday night Meghan, Rachelle, and I went to the BYU gymnastics meet at the Marriott Center. We love gymnastics. Yay. We had to leave early because Spencer proposed to Kaitlin, and now she is ENGAGED!!! So exciting, but so crazy. I got used to having all my St.G friends get engaged, but with my roommates it's a whole new experience. We are losing Kaitlin and Ashley to husbands this summer. I'm so happy for them, though. We all approve of their boys, so it's all good. :) After our mini engagement party, Rachelle and I went to Katie Barber's house for her going away party. Another friend of mine is going on mission! She leaves in three weeks and is going to Dallas, Texas, Spanish speaking.

On Saturday, I worked until 5, and then the REAL fun began. You know that post from a couple of weeks ago about my spontaneous weekend in St. George? Well, my friends from high school, Keith and Andrew, who just got home from their missions, came up to visit! They stayed with some girls that we all know, so we all hung out on Saturday. Me and Rachelle are working on convincing Keith to come to BYU- he wants to, but we'll see what happens. So, Rachelle and I took Keith on a tour of the BYU campus! SO MUCH FUN, right? I love BYU. We showed him all around the coolest buildings- like the library. I LOVE the library. And I told him about how it is the best thing in the world to sit in the Terrace and eat hot bread and honey butter from the Sugar 'N Spice at the Cougareat while you do sudoku from the Daily Universe newspaper and watch CNN! I don't know if he bought the whole idea, but I say don't knock it until you've tried it.




After the tour, we all had some getting ready to do. Me and Meg still needed to find masks for the MASQUERADE!!! And we only had a short period of time in which to find outfits and make ourselves gorgeous! We finally decided to make our own masks, and I found clothes at Stephanie's apartment. She practically has a clothing store in her closet. I love sisters who have clothes for me to steal. She even let me borrow these super hot green high heels! I left her house with three dress options and a couple pairs of shoes. I ended up in black with the green heels, and I decorated my mask with lots of lime green, teal, and blue glitter. The mask looks really amazing until you put it on, then it just looks silly. The top picture shows my first mask...

The masquerade was at a non-alcoholic club in Provo. When we got there, we got in line for the door. There were two lines: one line was for people who were on the guest list, and the other line was for stand-by. I was special enough to be on the guest list. When we got to the front
of the line the bouncers checked my name, and I got to go in! Just inside the door they were selling WAY COOLER masks, so I bought one of those. It was only $4! And it is AWESOME! There were waiters carrying around trays of hors d'oeuvres and there was an open bar of yummy raspberry flavored drinks that I promise were 100% non-alcoholic. It was so fancy and cool! Everyone was all dressed up and had cool masks, and it was so crowded! There were a ton of people there. They had a DJ and we danced a lot, but the music wasn't that great. We went home around midnight, so we were only there for like an hour and a half, but it was so fun!

See, it was really awesome, because we had a blast, but we also have tons of pictures to scrapbook! And when you scrapbook something, you enjoy the actual act of scrapbooking, plus it's bundles of fun to look at later! It's a plus all around! (P.S. this is a plug for Pebbles. Everyone should scrapbook, and everyone should go to Pebbles.)

These last pictures are me and Kaitlin. She didn't go to the masquerade, so we took pictures on my computer with the masks on. They are like my faves. :)


4 comments:

paul & ashlee said...

i am so glad you are enjoying every moment of college life. that is something i wish i had done better at. i went camping and played volleyball. i went to the nutty puddy caves (i am pretty sure i spelled that wrong), made lots of food, movies and little road trips. i love the masks by the way...and i can't think of anyone better to take someone on a tour than you. you have such excitement that is so contagious. i would have gone to byu too!, had you been my tour guide. love you audrey!
-ash

Moe said...

Fun!! You look gorgeous!! I wanted to see a picture of your whole outfit though, including the hott green pumps!! And your mask is awesome! I think it is way cooler than the $4 one you got at the party. So who threw this masquerade?? And how were you so lucky to be on the guest list? that's awesome! I'm so glad you had fun. You're plug worked..i've decided I want to try scrapbooking, because I am in desperate need of a hobby! Where do I begin Aud? I need help. Steve says we can buy all the stuff I need to get started, so YAY.

I love it when you update your blog! Keep up the good work my love!

Miki Lee said...

Audry! I was blog stalking and found you! Very happy to see the SPARK update:) Email me at mikig2006@hotmail.com and I'll add you to my blog if you want to see mine too! BYE!

Audrey said...

I just decided that you look like Sharpay's assistant on HM3..