Monday, February 2, 2009

Gangstas+Tie Dye Masters= MAKARA

Gangstas
Tie-Dye Masters!!!

So I had a BLAST of a weekend, and I want to tell you all about it. On Friday me and my roommates decided to make tie-dye shirts. Meghan, Ann, and I went to Smith's to pick out dye. The plan was to tie-dye one of our white v-neck shirts, and then bleach out a peace sign (a huge one in the center). Great plan, right? When we started dying, I was very skeptical about how they would turn out. This skepticism was mostly because the dye was RETARDED. We picked purple, teal, and gold. The purple dye looked like tar, but the other two turned out okay except that the salt WOULDN'T DISSOLVE! So annoying.

We layered newspaper on the table, heated the dye, rubber-banded our shirts, then just went to town. In the process, we got dye just about everywhere. On the walls, all over our hands, and at one point, the whole purple pot fell on the floor, splattering dye all over the linoleum and table chairs. Panic ensued, and rags were thrown to the ground. Imagine if, at the end of the year, when we had cleaning inspections to move out of our apartment, and we had dyed our kitchen floor purple!!! Bad idea, chief! Luckily, we got it all cleaned up. No harm done.

We rinsed our shirts and threw them in the washer, so excited to see how they would turn out! I was worried that they would all turn out brown, but it was fun anyway, right?

In the meantime, we began our week-long planned Gangsta Part-y. I just have to make one thing clear: there is hardly anything more fun than dressing up in stupid clothes for no reason. I'm not going to describe our outfits, the pictures say it all. But once we were all ready, we started playing our gangster music and dancing like crazy people in the kitchen. My faves to dance to were "Fergalicious," and of course, some good old Kanye with "Stronger." It was a B-L-A-S-T! We took LOTS of pictures, and danced for a long time.

When our shirts were done, we put them on and took more pictures. And guess what? They turned out AWESOME!!!! The colors are a little duller than we would have liked, but overall, they turned out amazing. Since we like our shirts so much, no one dared to bleach out the peace sign! What if it didn't work??!! What would we do then? We would just have ruined shirts, and that is no good! Altogether, it was a blast of a night. I love chilling with my girls. Ladies nights are seriously usually the most fun that can be had.

Then, on Saturday, Meghan, Paul and I went to Park City to go shopping! I shouldn't have spent any money, but seriously, it was inevitable. I ended up spending like a total of $90.00. Sad day. But it was actually such a HAPPY DAY! I got such good deals. I got this awesome etnies t-shirt at Pac-Sun that has legs in high heels on a skate board on it! And I got a really nice shirt to wear with dress pants at Banana Republic for 10 bucks! It was at J. Crew, however, where I really hit jackpot. I got some gray dress pants for $19! AMAZING! They wer supposed to be like $89.99 original price! And last, I got the MOST AMAZING thing. I have, for like my whole life, wanted a pretty yellow 3/4 sleeve length cardigan. AND I GOT ONE!! AT J. CREW!!! FOR $26.00!!! I'm am SO excited about this...

The last day of the weekend: Sunday. And THE SUPER BOWL!!! Okay, so I wasn't too into the super bowl this year, because let's face it, who cares about the Steelers or the Cardinals? No one. But football is still fun to watch, especially when you're with friends.

So a good time was had by all. :) Yay for weekends, yay for roommates, yay for gangsters, yay for tie-dye, yay for good deals at expensive stores, yay for the super bowl, and yay for fun.

We took this picture while we were cleaning up the spilled pot. You can't see any of the spill because it was almost clean by this point. We really regretted not getting the whole thing. It was pretty bad, dude.

5 comments:

Lorina said...

I'm so mad that I totally missed out. I wish I had a clone/some scientific device so that I can experience multiple things at the same time and have all the fun in the world! I miss living close to you guys. :(

Kaitlin said...

OMGSH......that night was amazing and so much fun...we have to do it again sometime before we all go our separate ways this summer...so sad..but very happy too...i am going to miss yall this summer because yall are my girlies and i dont have any except one back home...YAY FOR GIRLS NIGHT!!!i love you

Moe said...

How fun!! I'm glad the dye didn't stain your floor!! haha. you look so adorable in your pictures!! Yay for being adorable!

Lorina said...

So I ran across this scrapbooker's blog and she is really amazing at scrap booking. You should look into it and see. Her stuff is great!
http://elizabethkartchner.blogspot.com/

Meghan said...

I love us! We are so great! Can we have a fabulous weekend like that every weekend?? Please Please?!