Thursday, February 19, 2009

Odd Things About Aud.

1. I can identify any sort of random scrapbook supply by company and time of production/distribution. Barely a day goes by that I don't come across some sort of display at school or in a store that I don't say, "hey, they got that stuff at Pebbles- that's Pebbles' ribbon. And the paper is My Mind's Eye- the first Bohemia line that came out like 2 and a half years ago. They need a new display. This one's out of scrapbooking style. And does anyone really use that ugly cricut font anymore? Puh-lease."
2. I randomly fall into phases where I become kind of obsessed with something. Examples include the Beach Boys, Elvis, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Harry Potter, the Holocaust or any other random time in history, Sharon Creech books, Linda Crew Books, iTunes, gymnastics (aka the Magificent 7 from the 1996 games in Atlanta), Veggie Tales, boys bands like Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, an O-town (Ashley Angel, anyone? I promise it's a boy, and he was SO hot), high school football (yeah, I was only in 6th grade when this started, and I went to all the games with my Dad. It was the best thing ever) Harry Potter again, etc.
3. I like to name things like pencils or back massagers or just about anything else you can think of. In 8th grade my lucky pencil was red, made by pentech (because they make the best erasers), and was named Pretzel A+ 2. The best back massager in the world is named Paul Handy. Paul seemed suiting and, well, what is more handy than a back massager that feels good no matter who does it? Paul Handy has been around since 7th grade. We're good friends.
4. I have all sorts of complexes about not wanting to do my best. Because, well, what if your best isn't good enough?
5. I'm kind of a Harry Potter freak. I still check Mugglenet for Harry Potter news almost daily.
6. I really really really like colors. I collect crayons, markers, colored pencils, chalks, etc. because I like the colors. Sometimes I reward myself with a new box of crayons.
7. I put lotion on my hands, feet, and face several times a day. Like probably 8 times.
8. I'm kind of obsessed with celebrities. That's not my fault, though. I blame Stephanie.
9. I like to read autobiographies.
10. I can walk really fast. Not kidding.
11. I have super amazing muscles on my shins. I know, it's weird.
12. I love ducks and I love yellow.
13. I like to make signs.
14. I believe that anyone can be pretty if they are not dirty. Dirty people are not attractive.
15. I shave my arms.
16. Rachelle claims that I am ridiculously photogenic. I say this with a disclaimer because I don't necessarily think it's true. I just like it when people say that. :)
17. I get really really excited about dumb things.
18. I am currently personally angry at Chris Brown. We are totally in a fight.
19. I collect pennies. I have one from every year since 1960. I know, it's not that cool, but when I searched through all the pennies in the Disneyland savings jar when I was 9, I was super impressed with myself.
20. I am kind of obsessed with making lists. This whole thing started when I was 12, and I decorated a notebook titled, "Audrey's Notebook of Lists." I was coming up with too many lists, and it majorly stressed me out not to have them compiled in one place together! Hence the birth of the Notebook of Lists that I still use today.
21. I get super involved in my school work. If you don't buy this one, check out my blog posts from last fall...
22. I am still a Toys R Us kid- I don't want to grow up.
23. I have an enormous collection of keychains. I get one (or several) from wherever I go on vacation. My favorite one is the one I got in Springfield, Illinois: the Land of Lincoln. It says "Lucky Penny" on it and has a penny inside that was made in 1988- my birth year. So, it really is my lucky penny! Plus, a penny has Abraham Lincoln on it, and I got the darn thing in his hometown. And, you all know how I feel about pennies! So, this keychain has FOUR amazing pluses!
24.
25. I have lived in 14 different houses/apartments. If there is one thing that I truly hate it is moving. I HATE MOVING.
26. I classify books as if they are foods. This is partly because the analogy comes out so beautifully and partly because books are necessary for life, just like food is. A book needs to have the right nutrients, just like food does. Example: Silly and dumb books like Twilight are the equivalent of candy- delicious but only briefly satisfying. Good literature is like Pride and Prejudice or A Farewell to Arms (now that's quality), and they equal say, an amazing full course meal. They fill you up and leave you thinking about them for weeks. I also like to compare people to the books they read. If you see someone reading a gas station heaving-bosom romance novel, what does that tell you about them? What about dragon books? (You know, the kind with dragons and fire and damsels in distress on the cover) I'm telling you, the books you read speak VOLUMES about you- no pun intended.
27. I always make chocolate chip cookies without a recipe.
28. Whenever I write a paper for school, I never have a problem with making it long enough. I do struggle, however, with limiting what I write. My papers ALWAYS end up too long.
29. I kind of like to study. I LOVE the BYU library.
30. I know, hands down, without a doubt, that I have the funniest, best family in the world. Anyone who hangs out with all of us together would recognize this statement as fact. Andrew and Stephanie are the funniest people I have ever met. At one point they ackowledged that Elise and Moriah were funny. I'm still the laughing stock because apparently I don't have the funny skills. Andrew suggested that joining the circus would help. He even offered to start a freak show for me when I was 11. Naturally, I declined. I was mad at him for an entire hour after that one.
31. I am incapable of washing my face at night without getting water ALL OVER the counter, the floor, and my shirt. I don't know what the problem is. Elise gets REALLY MAD at me about this.
32. I have recently diagnosed myself with an illness called: I CANNOT, no matter how hard I try, put my clothes away after I change. I am capable of doing it about once a week. I hate it when my clothes are messy and all over my desk chair and floor, but I can't put them away! It's ridiculous. It has been like this for years. My parents told me it was okay because I needed to have some area in my life that I was lazy/bad at. I think that there are a lot of things that I am lazy/bad at, but whatever. It got me out of cleaning my room all during high school. :)

I think I'm going to stop now, before everyone who ever reads this thinks I am the weirdest person they have ever come across. But seriously, a person's eccentricities are what make them interesting (as long as they aren't creepy eccentricities), so I am proud to be an Odd Aud!

P.S. Rachelle came up with a lot of these. I kind of just added commentary.

8 comments:

paul & ashlee said...

i love this list and i agree with everything on it! hey, i am making a little mini album about what makes me, me...you should do the same...i am so excited to create it and laugh at myself. (and yes, the supplies will be from pebbles!)
-ash

Moe said...

Yes, there is a reason it was Moe, Jo and Aud... Oh how I love this list. Very hilarious, and very factual. How I miss Paul Handy! I am also really mad at Chris Brown! What an idiot! and he used to be so cool! I had forgotten how amazingly good you are at making chocolate chip cookies. Next time you're here, you'll have to remind me. :) I agree with #30, except I can't believe that you're fam doesn't think you're hilarious! Because you are SO hilarious! Oh and you should take out #24. Love you!

Moe said...

Also, Ashley Angel really is hott!! And I'm proud to say that I think I knew every single one of thee things!

Audrey said...

As Co-President of the Audrey Squared club, I'm going to be copying this list and adding much of it to my own as we are almost the same person. :)

Audrey said...

P.S. Ticonderoga = Best Pencil Erasers Ever (Sorry...)

Ron and Maggie said...

I loved reading the list! It made me feel like I wasn't the only crazy person in this world! I love your little quirks! I have so weird weird weird ones!

Jennifer said...

Oh Aud! This makes me miss you even more than i did before! 2 is so true! and i love it cause it rubs off on me a bit and then my fiance says my favorite music is micheal jackson!?! Rachelle is right about 16. I love it when you get excited about things. You are SO right about 26! And those are perfect analogies! 30, i dont know what your family is talking about.... you're one of the funniest people in the world! ..... Aud, when are you coming down to visit again?

Jennifer said...

Speaking of Moe, Jo and Aud, I swear we thought about spelling it Odd.....?