Friday, June 24, 2011

So. Recap of an awesome yesterday.

1. Jimmer went to the Kings. As quoted by Andrew, "The sky just fell...looks like I'm now a Kings fan."
I for one, am please that he went to the Kings. I mean, I could have imagined a better possibility, but hey, what's wrong with the Kings? Andrew said they were one of the coolest teams ever, and that he was a fan when the Jazz were crappy post Stockton and Malone. So I'm a happy camper. I had a little convo with Andrew via text message yesterday:
Audrey: how are you feeling about Jimmer and the Kings?
Andrew: Terrible.
Audrey: Why?
Andrew: Jazz silly girl.
Audrey: No. We didn't want him at the Jazz. I didn't anyway. But do you have anything against the Kings?
Andrew: How could u possibly speak such a terrible treason?
Audrey: (thinking: woah. are we a wee bit dramatic, brother?) I wanted him to get outside of Utah a little bit. Plus I wanted a new nba team to like. But I don't know if I can like the Kings...
Andrew: He is from New York duppy lions! And one favorite nba team is plenty for a casual fan such as yourself! But the kings are one of the coolest teams in the nba.
Audrey: If the Kings are so cool, then what's the problem?
Audrey: Duppy lions?

end of conversation. 2 things: 1) where did duppy lions come from? and 2) does anyone else feel like this conversation was a little bit circular? Andrew. Why are you so mad about the Kings if they are such a cool team? You make no sense.

2. Pottermore. Yeah, so I set my alarm for 6:55am so I could get up and hear the announcement about Pottermore. And guess what it is? A new interactive Harry Potter website written by JK Rowling. It's going to include all the information that a published encyclopedia would have. I'm still holding out hope for an actual hard copy encyclopedia (dang it, I want one of those). And here's the kicker: the thing that makes me the most excited about it: that JK Rowling is actually going to devise the system that the sorting hat on the website will use to sort people into houses. Do you realize what this means? Everyone actually gets to be sorted FOR REAL. I'm so nervous. What if I get placed in the wrong house? What if I don't get placed in the house that I have been dreaming of since 2001? Again, I refer you to a texting conversation that took place yesterday, this time between my cousin Shawn and I. He is listed in my phone as "Slytherin Sirius."

Audrey: ...but I'm excited! Shawny, this means we get to be sorted for real!
Slytherin Sirius: have fun in Ravenclaw Pot-Pot. (he calls me Potter or Potty or Pot, or Pothead, or I guess, now, pot-pot)
Audrey: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Slytherin Sirius: haha. If you're not, the whole sorting can't be trusted.

Note to Slytherin Sirius: you will eat your words when JK Rowling herself puts me in Gryffindor.

check it out. pottermore.com

3. Lene's birthday: First thing in the morning: we started watching Armageddon, Lene's favorite movie. I had never seen it before, so it was a treat. Then Lene went to lunch at Communal by herself yesterday. I would have gone... but I have no money. But guess who she ran into at the restaurant? A certain Bachelorette jerk head from Utah and his little daughter. Yes. You guessed it. She saw him in person, and I could not be more jealous. I like want to go hang out in front of Communal just in case he comes back. That would rock.

Second, we went shopping and then to the Jimmer draft party with our ward... and then to dinner at Pizzeria 712 in Orem. Yummy margarita pizza please. I could eat one of those everyday. And Lene looked beautiful in her new birthday outfit! We went to Spark for drinks and dessert afterward and lounged on those sweet benches looking cool and gossiping. High class, right? It was a ton of fun (but did anyone else notice that there was no music playing in Spark? It was weird.)

Lene, you rock my world, and I am so glad we are roommates! I don't think I can survive without you in the fall. Who will I play truth or truth with (for hours on end)? Who will I count on to do sign language to the people in the other cars? Who will I turn to when I can't decide which of all the boys in the ward I would kiss (haha)? Let's face it, my life is going to be a lot less fun when you are gone.

So anyway, Happy Birthday. 

4. We forgot to pay our gas bill. oops.

4 comments:

eliseila said...

aw i love you mrs. potts. Even if you are in ravenclaw you hufflepuffogus. also i miss you soo so much. seriously. I cant wait to see you in two weeks!
also, my word verification word is patties. hee hee

Moe said...

Haha. I love your convo with Andrew. I love Spainhower language. And I love when Spainhowers are confused by Spainhower language. Like some crazy things make sense to say, but others, like duppy lions, don't? And don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Also cousin Shawn's comment about your potential house is really hilarious but devastating if true I know! (ok not devastating, RC is an honorable house, but it's no GD)

lene b said...

oh the gas bill. audrey, if i had to survive without you, you have to survive without me. also. we can play truth or truth on our facebook walls. ;)

Calista said...

I'd say that you'll either be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor - but honestly, aren't both infinitely better than Hufflepuff? In my book, even Slytherin is better than Hufflepuff. I mean, Hufflepuff is where all the leftovers go - the ones that aren't true blood or brave or smart. Yikes. I do not want to be a leftover.

And I have two things to say here: duppy lions and pot pot. I can't even come up with something to say with them.

And I knew I could count on you to be more specific in attributing my Harry Potter reference. I was hoping for the page or chapter number, but it was good ;)