Monday, June 13, 2011

Lemon/Lime Picnic AWESOME

Why do I always get to stressed out before events that I plan? I always get all freaky and worry that things are going to go wrong-- that no one will show up (or that the few who do show up will think the party is lame), that I won't have everything ready in time, that the party is boring, or whatever.

But everything always works out. Eventually. And somehow I always have so much fun that I'm dying to plan something else. The stress is always worth it. (timeout: I get stressed when I'm throwing a little picnic because I worry about all the people and all the details. Now imagine what I will be like when I throw my own wedding. I'm going to be a basketcase. A monster bridezilla. And I'll feel so bad!!!)

Anyway, last year we had the first "Picnic AWESOME." You guessed it, it was awesome. Lene and Amy threw it. This year, we decided to reprise the awesome. But this time, we added a theme: lemon and lime. We made all our invitations, and they all looked different. The invitation went a little something like this:

when: Sunday June 12, 2011 @2 pm
where: Carterville Park, Orem (the same as last year)
why: because.

Theme: LEMON/LIME
Please Wear: green and/or yellow ONLY.
Please bring: green and/or yellow food ONLY.

Those who fail to abide by the rules will be forced to wear a green sign around the neck that reads: "No longer awesome."

Anywho. Lene, Andrea, and I hand delivered all the invites to make sure that everyone understood all the rules. And do you know what's amazing? Almost everyone followed them. There were a few deliquents who had to wear signs. Look for their pictures below.

Anyway. The Picnic was yesterday... and it came together quite nicely after I worried for a couple of hours.

the table setting: compliments of Lene Kristine Botolfsen. The cool one.

Extras. no longer awesome. These two were such good sports. Except not. haha.

deliberately rude. they wore the wrong colors on purpose because they thought the signs were a more awesome option.

pretties.

uglies. jk.

cute boys.

dani is holding a tupperware of the most delicious cookies in the world.

the birthday girl.

Rachelle: effortlessly beautiful, even when her tongue is sticking out.


specials. rachelle and brad assumed correctly that they could get away with not following the dress code. grrr.


giant game of catchphrase. my favorite. (hint: you make this on the beach...SANDCASTLES!).

requirement: 4 people per snuggie. DANI. get your elbows outta there.

more cute boys. Get a load of the one in the back. we don't know him.
Favorite things about the picnic that I just can't get over:

1. ALL THE MATCHING CLOTHES. You all know that I love it to death when people match. I just got so excited when more and more people arrived wearing green and yellow (okay, mostly green).
2. I just love that when I help plan something, I get to invite a lot of my favorite people. I can assemble the group. In this case it was mostly ward people and old ward people (except the ones who couldn't come). And how awesome is that?
3. The girls did an excellent job bringing delicious yellow and green food. The boys, however, did not shine so well. Some examples: purple peeps (compliments of the 4 cute boys featured above. yes. left over from Easter), tortillas (what were we supposed to do with them?) and PINK watermelon (which was delicious, but really Joe? Against the code.)

So anyway. Picnic AWESOME was awesome.

3 comments:

Lorina said...

It was very awesome! So well done Audrey! And I just saw Katy Perry's video and just died. 80's movies all the way!! Umm can we have an 80's dance party soon?

Moe said...

Aww. I wanna go to a lemon/lime picnic.

Meghan said...

Love it!So fun. Can we all wear matching clothes on a daily basis please?