Sunday, June 19, 2011

My life is so much fun.

These days, I can't stop having fun. And it's pretty great too, because I have zero money to spend, but somehow I still get to do all the awesome things I want!

This week included the following:
1. An overnight trip to Grandma Colleen's house in Ogden. It was her birthday. She made me go to her ceramics class with her. For 4 hours. And we had repeated lunches with old people. Who are very sweet... but eat very slowly. I couldn't handle it. Grandma couldn't either.
2. last minute trip to Salt Lake for a job interview. Score.
3. A visit with my parents-- they came up for the weekend, but I only got to see them for like an hour on Friday. We ate at the Santa Queen diner in Santaquin.
4. Lots and lots of laying out by the pool. Like, 4 days this week. I can't get enough.
5. Ward softball. I'm finally starting to stop making a fool of myself every week. Slowly but surely.
6. Sleeping in to about 10:30am every day (except when I was in Ogden. Grandma is a slave driver.)
7. The wedding reception of the one and only Jake Basilius. He was a good friend in my Liberty Square ward. And it was just precious to see him married off to a lovely girl (who is my friend Kate's cousin, btw. which is cool. Kate: I vouch for Jake. He's a good guy). AND, I can't believe that I've known Jake for almost 4 years. Time flies when you're having a blast. For real, though.
8. Strawberry Days Rodeo on Friday. I haven't been to a rodeo since probably age 7. And for good reason. Rodeos are terrifying. Meghan thought I was crazy for being scared of the rodeo and Lene just kept saying, "I LOVE AMERICA!",  but when I told my brother about the rodeo the next day he was like, "oh yeah, I hate rodeos. I went to one last year and the kids ride on sheep! It's awful!" And I was like, "I know! This is real modern-day gladiator stuff right here!" I think we were raised by the same parents.
9. I went to the gym 5 days last week. I rock. Next week it'll be six.
10. Lorina Lee's surprise birthday party. Meghan did a spectacular job with the preparations. She made these adorable lantern things out of mason jars (which broke because boys are children), a delicious cake, and a lovely table setting, and instructed me to make a giant polaroid frame that we could pose in for pictures. Photos to come. It was adorable. Double props. And bonus points.
11. Oh, and last Sunday was Picnic Awesome.Which was awesome.
12. On Wednesday we had ward ice blocking. I haven't been ice blocking since probably age 9. It's a lot more fun when you are 9. Me and Lene tried to do cool tricks on the ice blocks, none of which actually worked. The most hilarious was when we went (kind of) down the hill back to back.
13. After ice blocking we organized a game of fugitive. We played from 7 peaks to Banbridge. This led to lots of cutting through blocks, hiding behind trees, and collapsing to the ground when a car was coming. My favorite was when we ran through the Colony and everyone was out on their porches-- laughing and pointing at us. Yeah, we're cool. But we didn't get caught, so you do what you gotta do, right?
14. Movie Monday at the dollar theater. My girls and I went to see "Prom." yeah. It's a lot dumber than the trailer makes it look. This Monday we're going for "Water for Elephants."

Remember 2 months ago when I was crying about my life in Washington? I am such a whiner. Things are so much better now. I'm the happiest camper there ever was.

Speaking of camping. I need to plan a trip. Probably when I have money.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Audrey! I meant to ask for the DL on Jake, and I'm so glad you can vouch for him. Laura is a doll and he is a lucky man! Wish I could have been there to see you :(

lene b said...

I LOVE AMERICA!!!!