Friday, June 24, 2011

Excited for real now.

So... about a week ago I got a new job. A dream job. The exact job that I wanted, actually.

Drumroll please.

Starting on Monday, I will be working at the Church History Library in Salt Lake City.
notice: this building is kitty-corner from temple square and directly across the street from the Conference Center. Excellent location.

I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED.

I first saw the posting for this job in March, late one Saturday night (when I say late, I mean like 1am), and I knew instantly: this is my job. MY JOB. 

So I applied, and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview went okay... but there were some timing problems. They needed me to start before graduation, and I wasn't even going to be back in Utah by then. 

I was actually a little bit relieved because I hadn't wanted to start working full-time immediately after student teaching. I needed a significant break. And a significant break I have had (try 2.5 months), during which I had great anxiety about getting a job and supporting myself. It's hard to carry out your big plans when you have no money. Seriously.

So I tried to get other jobs. Any job really....But one of the jobs I finally did get was at the church Vault in Little Cottonwood Canyon. I was really excited about that one. BUT. The guy at the library called me last week (before I was supposed to start at the vault) and said he had another spot open up that we wanted me to interview for. So I did. And I got the job. 

Dreams come true.

This is my testimony. Things will always work out. They can be stressful and confusing and give you great anxiety, but the Lord always provides a way. I'm just so grateful that everything has worked out this way. I have loved my time off, but I'm excited to get back to a schedule and start working. And you know what? I think I'm going to love this job.

1 comment:

Moe said...

Awesome!! Way to go and top the vault job. I think I must talk to you soon! Love you!