Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Charming.

1. Can I please be a member of the Huxtable family? I am in love with Heathcliff Huxtable. I want to marry someone just like him, and then become a Claire Huxtable. I'll be a lawyer while he is a doctor, and we'll have kids who get crazy ideas and ask for money all the time. But we'll put them in their place-- teach them life lessons without the "Full-House" style sappy part at the end (it is for this reason that The Cosby Show is leagues better than its many genre equivalents).

2. I finished "The Book Thief" today, about 7 months in the making. I don't know why I never got into this book. I started in like October and just read it at the gym, then brought it to DC with me, and didn't touch it the whole 4 months I was there. But now I'm done. I finished the last 100 pages today, and you know what? I really liked it. It's a beautiful story about what is important in life-- it's a story of abandonment and guilt, courage and love--- and it's a story about the power of words. I would actually recommend it to anyone. Markus Zusak is somehow able to create small moments that are breathtaking and powerful and stabbing. And meaningful. I'll be thinking about it for a while.

That's all.

Oh wait, we had a party. For Memorial Day. It was crowded. The floor was shaking and I thought it was going to break. We got a lot of highlighter on the carpet (dang it). And there was a girl there (who no one knew) who kept trying to change the music, and I was super moody about it. But there were boys and writing on walls is fun. And as per the Facebook instructions, almost everybody actually showed up wearing white. Yay white-out for Memorial Day and black lights.

See pics below.
isn't this bomb?

Lene is so cool.

some of the early party people.
That's really all.

2 comments:

A Real Winner said...

I loved that party. Put the pictures up! I'm glad you have a blog so that now I can stalk you! Yay for roommate-stalking!

Jennifer said...

I love "the book thief!" It was SO good!