Sunday, October 3, 2010

A mix.

A quick something.

JK Rowling was recently on Oprah. I meant to watch it (because I always know when she has an appearance coming up), but unfortunately, I forgot. But, I caught the recap. And with the help of my friend Liz, I found this out:

1. Quoted from a news report: "Fans, rejoice -- J.K. Rowling offered a bit of hope on Friday that, perhaps, the final Harry Potter story has yet to be told. "I could definitely write an eighth, ninth, tenth," the celebrated author, 45, told Oprah Winfrey during an interview scheduled to air Friday. "I'm not going to say I won't. I don't think I will ... I feel I am done, but you never know."

My reaction: You know I love Harry Potter. But. I don't think there should be more. However, if the brilliant Ms. Rowling things there should be more, well then, there should be. I trust the woman.

2. Quoted from the same article: "However, Rowling mentioned that she did turn down one opportunity -- when Michael Jackson said he wanted to make a musical based on the books."

My reaction: I'M SORRY. WHAT??!? I had heard the rumors about a musical, but it was never public knowledge until Friday that it was MICHAEL JACKSON'S IDEA!!!! Now, I'm not sure that those two things- Harry Potter and Michael Jackson- should EVER EVER mix, but STILL!! Imagine the possibilities. WORLDS COLLIDE!

Here's the article if ya wanna read it:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/10/01/more.harry.potter.ppl/index.html?eref=rss_showbiz&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_showbiz+%28RSS%3A+Entertainment%29

And another one about Michael's idea:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/J-K-Rowling-rejected-Michael-Jacksons-idea-of-Harry-Potter-musical/articleshow/6670974.cms

Neither are very informative, but it's the best we can do. Very little information available.


Adios.

1 comment:

dani said...

i read about this too!

but my reaction was much different. please jkr, give me MORE MORE MORE!

but mj... let's just say in the most tactful way possible that i am glad that there is no possible way of you making hp into a musical. heaven help us all.