Monday, October 4, 2010

4 weeks into school.

(this is an old post-- I wrote it about two weeks ago and felt it wasn't complete quite yet, so I didn't post it. But now it's old and irrelevant. I'm posting it anyway)

This is my last semester and I feel like I have a million decisions to make.

Movies to watch:
1. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
2. Me and Orson Welles (it should have come from Netflix TODAY!) I've been waiting for this for like 2 years. I can proudly admit that I have been watching Zac Efron's IMDB page for updates on all his movies, including this one. For two years.

My new favorite song: Just A Dream by Nelly. When I heard that song I gasped with happiness. I don't know, it just felt right to have him singing to me, like I was brought back to happy teenage days of Country Grammar, Ride Wit Me, Over and Over, and Dilemma. And yes, Grillz. Just keep singing, Nelly, and keep providing me with clean versions.

30Rock started yesterday. Paul, Rachelle, and Brad came over for the event.

Rachelle and Brad are now betrothed. They got engaged last weekend, and it's already on her blog, so I figured I could say something about it here. But I am SO happy about this. I couldn't have asked for a better man to give my Rachelle away to. And seriously, he has adorned her left ring finger with a solid, whole carat diamond. A girl can only be so lucky. I think lovingly back to the day of Senior Showoff when Rachelle glided down from the ceiling of the auditorium in a slinky green dress singing, "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend."

A couple of weeks ago I was told by my good friend Christopher that he had met two new people in our ward who LOVED Michael Jackson. One boy and one girl. I knew from that moment that I had to find those people. First, because I could use that commonality to bond with them, and second, because I had to assess how big of fans they were. What exactly were they claiming, you know? Well, last night I met them. We were all three excited, and immediately the boy, Marcus, asked me what my favorite song was. I said that currently, but not of all-time, my favorites were "Keep the Faith" and "Speechless." He looked at me blankly. So did the girl. Neither of them knew those songs. I WON.

Don't worry, I'm still the master Michael fan in the ward, and I have yet to be threatened in the Provo area. (Except for that one Australian rugby player who knows more about MJ than I do. He's the champion. But he's also foreign so that doesn't really count).

So I have a question. Why do people claim to be big fans of someone or something if they haven't done the proper research? Preposterous.

No comments: