Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Step in to the future, but hold on to..."





"HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, who says you have to let it go?"

I went to HSM3 on Monday night with faithful friends, Kennedy and Rachelle. I absolutely LOVED IT! Reasons why HSM 3 was amazing:
1) Zac Efron is ridiculously good looking.
2) One word: SCREAM.
3) The Boys are Back.
4) The best choreography ever.
5) An excellent sountrack.
6) There is actually a song called "High School Musical" (as quoted in the title and first line of the is post). Can I say perfect?
7) I'm in love with Troy Bolton. We're getting married.
8) I love musicals.
9) Sharpay and Ryan are hilarious. "I want it all!"
10) The movie included everything: the basketball championship, a new school musical, prom, and graduation. Plus, there were plenty of precious Gabriella and Troy scenes.
11) It was the kind of movie that is just SO fun to watch! You just sit there and smile the whole time, and when it's over, you want it to start again.
12) There isn't much of a plot, but it doesn't matter! The movie is just pure entertainment (and slight awkwardness for the extra cheesy parts).
13) There were like 5 previews before the movie. And I love previews.
14) There were bloopers during the credits. I love bloopers.
15) They danced on cars! And in the rain! And on the roof!
16) I love that in reality, there is NO WAY that Gabriella would go to Stanford (and in a special freshman academy for only 20 kids), Taylor would go to Yale, Ryan and Kelsey would get scholarships to Julliard, and Troy would go to Cal State on a basketball scholarship. I'm sorry, but that doesn't happen. But this all makes the movie a fairy tale. And I love fairy tales with happy endings.

I guess we do have to let it go. The glorious High School Musical days as we know them are just about over. And it's ok. All good things must come to an end (like Harry Potter). But seriously, don't forget to hold on the High School Musical, like the song says. You gotta love it.

PS, In my book of songs, "Scream" is currently contending with "Bet on It" for best song to listen to when you're feeling lazy and need a burst of energy. I think it may take the top spot- there's no denying the slow beginning and electric bridge to the main part of the song. It's an angry song- and I love it. "Bet on It" is very hard to beat, though.

2 comments:

Lorina said...

I'm so glad you love the movie!! It was so fun! I think my favorite song is 'Just Wanna Be With You'. We are going to see twilight together right??? Now, that's going to be exciting!

paul & ashlee said...

i totally agree with your #1 choice...i loved the movie too!
-ash