Monday, October 13, 2008

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!





























10 Reasons why football is the best sport:
1. It is fun to watch when it's hot outside.
2. It is fun to watch when it's cold outside.
3. Playing football is a B-L-A-S-T!
4. Especially in the snow.
5. Crashing into other people is fun.
6. Runningbacks are really hot.
7. At BYU games, there are lots of people who get REALLY excited. And it's like you are friends with everyone, because you're all excited about the same thing.
8. The Manning Brothers, anyone? Eli and Peyton, you're my heroes.
9. You can play football anytime you want.
10. High school football, college football, and NFL football. They're all amazing.

When I was in 6th grade, I started going to the high school football games every week with my Dad. He would buy me hot chocolate because it was always really cold, and while all the other kids my age were running around with their friends, I sat with my Dad and analyzed the game- the players, the strategy, all of it. I had a blast, and thus my love for football was born. Those Bettendorf High School games were the bomb.com. And so, my football policy thence forth has been to never miss a game. Watch it, play it, read about it.

BYU football is my new love. I now refer to Max Hall as a personal friend ("So, when I was talking to Max the other day..."). Me and the roomies scream ourselves horse at the games, try to never miss a "that's another cougar FIRST DOWN," (that's a hard one for me. I get distracted by the replay on the big screen) and do extra hand movements to the fight song. In fact, during the game against New Mexico on Saturday, Kaitlin accidentally screamed BLOODY MURDER, and the entire section looked at her very worried. It was absolutely hilarious. A little while later, a boy turned around to her and said, "how's your stress level?" He then proceeded to become our best friend, giving us the traditional high fives that you give people you don't know. And every day, even though we know it will be the same, Kaitlin and I examine the team stats in The Daily Universe. It's great. We were number 7 once, but after two hard wins that should have been a lot easier because we're a top 10 team, we're at number 9. I think we'll both probably have a heart attack if we slip out of the top 10. Max, if you're reading this: Don't let it happen!

1 comment:

Moe said...

you look very cute in your pictures! If you were going for wintery-sporty you nailed it! ...yay football!