Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh Max, you let me down.


Yes, we were defeated in the TCU game, and I claim full responsibility. I jinxed the whole quest for perfection with all my talk of falling out of the top 10. Because, you know what? That is exactly what happened. I checked the polls today, like I do every Monday, and this is what I found: AP Top 25: 18. BYU; USA Today Coaches Poll: 17. Brigham Young; and last, BSC Standings: 21. BYU. Oh, the pain! According to the BCS, not only are we no longer top 10 material, but we aren't even TOP TWENTY!!! Somebody save me from that heart attack I promised!

The only thing left to say is to follow the advice of the Beach Boys: "Be True to Your School." Despite this loss, we will not waver in loyalty. We are not fair weather fans. So Max, even though you let me down, I still support you. And even though you dropped out of the top 5 in individual standings, you're still top 5 to me.

No comments: