Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Straight Through My Heart.

The Backstreet Boys say, "This Is Us." The new album will be in stores October 6, 2009. Before I get to the main point of this post, I just have to say that I will forever be a loyal fan of the BSB. Their music has been a large part of my life for the past decade (what other music group could say that? Okay, besides NSYNC and the Beach Boys), and I truly do still love their music. No matter what they do, I am still a fan.

But their new music video and album title are trying my patience and fanhood. I have to say that while I am excited about the album, I am disappointed in their unoriginality and conformity to the masses. Let me illustrate.

1. This is it. This is us. I cannot have any Michael copying around here. I'm serious about this. But if that wasn't enough...
2. The music video for "Straight Through My Heart" has VAMPIRES IN IT. I hate all the vampire stuff. I'm sick of it, it's gross, it's tacky, it's cheesy, it's NOT attractive, it is NOT cool, and I'm mad about this. I expected more of my Backstreet Boys who supposedly turned into men.

But for now, here is the first single, in music video form. The song, I like. The dancing in the video, I like. The concept of the video, I loathe. Now, enjoy.



That music video sent a pain straight through my heart. In a bad way.

8 comments:

Moe said...

I'm getting sick of the vampires too. Sure twilight was a hit, but does that mean that everything sexy is vampires now? NO. Be original people.

Bigelows said...

I am a fellow HUGE BSB fan too! We miss you at Pebbles. You should come visit us!

Ashley and Devon said...

i don't like the video but love the song! yay for bsb...they are kinda like the never ending boy band!

dani said...

Mmmm BSB. They are a huge part of my life as well. And I really like this song too! I still have faith in them.

paul & ashlee said...

i would have to agree...lame, good song, great dancing, but lame.
-ash

eliseila said...

I would just like to express my appreciation to you and your hating vampiresness. the ONLY thing ever with cool vampires is Chris Brown's Wall To Wall video. Watch it. Live it. It's amazing.

Gen-v said...

Yeah, I liked the pirate fad a lot more!

Jennifer said...

Totally agree about vampires.... overdone.