Friday, August 28, 2009

Y....

I have already expressed my deep love and admiration for BYU. And I can only say that my love for BYU has only gotten stronger over time.

I came back to Provo a week early to help guide confused freshman through New Student Orientaion. I was a Y Group Leader. The freshman were fun, the free food was great, but the highlight of the whole deal was just being on campus again. It felt SO GOOD just to be walking around the buildings, looking at the flowers, eating in the Cougareat, going to a devotional in the Marriott Center, all of it. I really felt like BYU is the place where I am supposed to be. It is my happy place.

But some people make fun of BYU. My own brother is getting married to a hard-core U fan. And my sisters always ask these questions about BYU:

Y...?
  • do you not have spring break?
  • can't you wear a mini skirt with leggings?
  • can't you stay in the boys' apartment past midnight?
  • can't boys grow facial hair?
  • don't you have a fall break?
  • isn't there a St. George campus?
  • are students allowed to wear cloaks and pretend they are from medieval times?
  • Do you have to go to ward prayer?
They want to make shirts with a big Y on the front, and these questions listed on the back.

But, it's all a part of why I love BYU so much.

1 comment:

dani said...

i agree completely about the spring break thing. it sucks! i heard a rumor that we were getting one. it was the happiest day of my life. and then i found out that it was all a lie. and then it was the saddest day of my life.