Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mass Confusion and Mixed Emotions

Short post= happy, and not bored, readers! And happy readers= happy commenters!

The most frequently asked question that I have been posed since I came home from D.C. is: "Do you miss it??"

Why yes, I do. Very much.

BUT.

I love being home.

The entire last week and weekend I was struggling a little bit. I knew that I was going to miss Washington, like a lot, and it pained my heart when I imagined going home. My biggest concern, I think, was to somehow find a way BACK to Washington. I wanted to go home, I just wanted to come back later. And I still don't know if that will ever happen. But now I want to live in D.C. AGAIN. I didn't want to leave because I didn't know if I would ever come back.

On the other hand, I was very, very excited to come home. Living the life of a tourist every weekend for 11 weeks gets EXTRAORDINARILY tiring. I was ready to relax and do nothing for a couple of days. I was also VERY READY to get out of the humidity. I hate humidity with a fiery, burning passion. It does no good for your hair, skin, or happiness. Very humid days=a very unhappy and frumpy Audrey. No good at all. My hair didn't stayed curled, like, EVER. I also wanted to see my family, and frankly, I missed St. George, Pebbles, and BYU. I was very anxious to come back to BYU.

So, the best way that I can sum up my last days in Washington- especially the last one, when I drove away from my city and I let one tear escape- is confusion. I was very confused. I couldn't figure out what I wanted more- to stay or go home. It was very annoying, and well, confusing. I had very mixed emotions about coming home.

And that is my answer to the question. The end.

1 comment:

Moe said...

Oh Aud! Of course you'll go back! I need a good excuse to go there myself, so whether we go together to visit, or I come to visit your place of residence, we'll both be in DC one day.