Thursday, May 7, 2009

Down in the Dumps.

So, I've been slightly down in the dumps. I have a cold, the weather is horribly cold and rainy outside (not at all what I was expecting in D.C.- well, not the cold part, anyway), everyone is gone all day at internships except for me (I start next Tuesday), AND I just realized, I am suffering from severe scrapbooking withdrawl. I need to get SCRAPPY! Me and Audrey P. used to say that we just needed to "get our scrap on," and boy, am I feeling it now. And the sad part is that I have only been gone from Pebbles for like 2.5 weeks, and I still have ALL SUMMER ahead of me. It's such a shame. My one regret about this whole D.C. experience is that I didn't bring any scrapbook stuff with me, and I thought that I would be okay without all of it. I'm just SO DUMB sometimes!

So, today, my goal is to find a scrapbook store that I can reach by one of my two sources of transportation- my feet, and the metro. I searched online, and low and behold, I found a craft store called Ipso Crafto in the Southeast quadrant of the city that I could easily reach by metro via the Eastern Market stop (one of my fave stops). The craft store even has fabric, and I have been dying to make myself a new blanket. by hand. You see, I CANNOT stand having only one blanket on my bed. I desperately need a blanket to cuddle with.

For a few brief minutes, I was very, very excited about the idea of going to a craft store, buying scrapbook stuff, and finding fabric to hand-sew a quilt out of. AND THEN, I saw a notice that said, and I quote, "Remember, DECEMBER 14, 2008, THIS SUNDAY, is our last day ever! We’re not moving, not closing for renovation, not taking a holiday. We’re shutting our doors for good." Now, I don't have a picture of my sad face, but imagine one, and insert it right here.......

Now what am I going to do?? Pebbles friends, I hope you understand this problem. All you other friends out there, just try to sympathize, becuase this is a BIG problem.

And don't worry guys. I will keep searching. And also, I miss you, Pebbles in my Pocket.

Love, Audrey

7 comments:

Steve said...

Aud- I will go to your house and get your scrapbook supplies and mail them too you! Don't be depressed!

Steve said...

PS- this is really moe...

Jennifer said...

Oh Aud! That is truely depressing! I'm sure you'll find something.... DC is pretty big, there has to be something else.... Moe is right. We could just send you the stuff you need!

Rachelle Arlene Doxey said...

oh audrey! don't be down in the dumps! how sad. in an effort to cheer you up, here is a joke:

how do you make a tissue dance?
put a little boogie in it!
:)
yes, so that is the lamest joke ever, but just remember that every time you blow your nose during your cold, and smile at how ridiculous i am! :)

Audrey said...

ACK!! Be happy my scrappity friend!! I miss scrappin with you too! Know that I haven't done anything about it either.. I'm too busy. Darbi is just too dang cute! At least I'm getting a ton of pics. We'll make a Pebbles date to get together and scrap in March/April of 2011! (Assuming you leave in September-ish..) It will have to be like a week-long-scrap-fest though. We will have A LOT of catching up to do!! When do the papers go out??

Stephanie said...

That is so sad! Pebbles misses you too! :) I hope you find a place to get some scrapbook stuff. Otherwise, we may just have to send you some glittery paper to cheer you up!

paul & ashlee said...

you still need to text me your address my dear. i wait for you to come into work on wednesday and thursday. i miss hearing how your mind works. we miss you madly...hey, we could be your mission if you really want...offer still stands!
-ash