Sunday, December 18, 2011

And so it goes.

1. I took a personality test once (okay, I've taken more than one personality test...), and one of the results told me that I, "enjoyed planning things more than actually executing them."

I gasped at the truthfulness of this statement. And at that point (it was probably several years ago), I was very much a planner who never carried out the plans. I thought about things that I could plan. I thought about all the fun things I could do. I made lists... all day. 

I still do that. I make lists of things to do-- parties to have-- specific plans for things. Vacations to take, future careers, characteristics of my future husband or children. Things I will do as a mother, things I want to do in my life before I die, stories I want to write, hobbies I want to have, how I will decorate my house, etc. 

And I derive so much joy from the plans. From the lists. 

So much joy, in fact, that I don't need to see most of the plans come to fruition. It's called imagination, people. And I have it. And it always looks way better in my head than it will in real life. If I never carry out said plans, I will never be disappointed. And I will be protected. And safe. And very, very happy. 

2. Do not cover the King of Pop. You will fail.

Very rarely have I heard a good Michael cover. Very rarely. I happen to remember one in history. ever. It was David Cook's "Billie Jean" on American Idol in 2008. And it was only good because it was different enough. And because David Cook has little bit of style. It was a magic moment.

Anyway.

I just got done watching the X Factor tribute to Michael Jackson. All the contestants performed MJ songs, and I think that my opinion of their performances can be best summarized through the faces of Prince, Paris, and Blanket Jackson, who were in attendance of the show.
I particularly appreciate Blanket's reaction. He's like, "what is going ON??"
And he is bored stiff. adorable.
3. I am currently sitting alone in my apartment, fighting the urge to watch tv on netflix; something that  I've been doing a little bit too much recently. I'm also fighting the urge to eat everything I can see. I want chocolate, I want candy. And I also want friends. All my roommates are gone for Christmas, which would explain why I am sitting alone on a Sunday evening-- Sunday is usually the busiest, most social day of the week. But Provo has been abandoned. I can see a once chuck-full parking lot looking pretty lonely outside my window. And the sky looks grey, as if it is going to cry because BYU is no longer in session and the clouds can't look down at all the happy, smiling BYU kids. I'm still here, you clouds!!! Smile at me!!! Or better yet, run away and leave the sun to warm Provo up to a good 90 degrees so I can skip work tomorrow and lay out all day. That would be rad. I'm leaving for St.G on Wednesday night. And I am excited... most particularly for Thursday night, which is totes going to be awesome....

4. Because guess what??!?!?!?!?!! I'm going to the Cirque du Soleil MICHAEL JACKSON IMMORTAL WORLD TOUR SHOW!!!! I'm so excited I will probably pee my pants. And then lose my voice from screaming.... before the show even starts.

5. So..... prediction. Matt Carlino is going to be BYU basketball's new "it boy." It'll take a couple of years, but it'll happen. The kid is going to be a big deal.

6. Also, Jimmer scored 21 points in his preseason NBA debut. Just saying.

7. Dearest Timmy Tebow, thank you for playing on my fantasy team this year. And thank for scoring 26 points today. And thank you making religion cool to those outside Mormon world because every guy thinks you are rad and every girl thinks you are hot. Because you are. a babe. Love, Audrey

Hello Tim Tebow. You look like you are having a very nice day.

That is all. 

1 comment:

dani said...

Audrey! I'm in provoke too! Call me today before 6 if you wanna play :)