Saturday, February 19, 2011

Maybe

1. What if I just changed my major? Started over again? I don't want to be done. I like school too much. There are just so many more things I want to learn. Students are lucky because they have the opportunity to spend all their time learning new things. I was a stupid student. I focused on one major WAY too early, and never even took fun classes where I could learn extra cool stuff. I always wanted to take a creative writing class. I never did. I always wanted to take sailing. and piano. and English language classes where you talk about phonetics and grammar. And I always had this secret desire to take Calculus. Just so I could say that I knew it. I always liked math. And Pre-calc was a blast. And I should have taken a language. Like what if I would have stuck with either Spanish or Sign Language? Both would be cool to know. And I loved taking BOTH of those languages.

I don't know what I want to be. Right now being a teacher sounds 100% like the worst idea ever. I just want to go to school. All the time. And not work. And I don't want to be at the front of the classroom. I want to blend in as the student who gets to learn things. And not history. I'm currently sick of history. I don't care. I makes me sick to think about it, actually. Yes, I know that's dramatic. But it's true.

2. I just got finished watching a movie on Netflix called "One Crazy Summer." It combined five of my favorite things of all time:
  • the 80's teenager movie
  • John Cusack
  • Summer
  • Sailing (yep, still never been. But I'm in love with the idea of it.)
  • The Beach Boys (seriously like half the soundtrack)
can you get any better than this? Maybe if you add Duckie's character from Pretty in Pink and some Michael Jackson.

3. I'm obsessed with Justin Bieber lately. I heard some girls at school talking about Never Say Never. I told them that I've seen it. One of the girls goes, "Are you a Beleiber??!!?" Yes, I proudly replied. Yes. I loved the movie, and I bought both of his CDs when I got home. And I want to see the movie again SO bad. SO BAD.

4. I bought myself a present yesterday. It was my 3rd trip to American Eagle to look at it and try it on again, so I finally just bought it. And you know what? I think it SCREAMS Audrey. Like anyone who walked into American Eagle and saw it (who knows me) would think, "Audrey should own that windbreaker." Here it is. It's actually kind of a khaki green even though it looks gray in the picture. But picture me wearing navy blue bermudas, little white keds (or the Sperrys that I want), and a white t-shirt underneath. Perfect summer night Audrey outfit. I love it.

4 comments:

Calista said...

First, I feel the same way about being a student. These days that I wake up whenever Tessa does and can sleep all the time and have no real demands on my time and talents I just wonder - is this what real life is like? I mean, it is important now to learn how to do good things with my time, but I mean, really? Being a student and learning every day and having thousands of classes available to take and learn from - so cool.

Second, really? Justin Bieber? Sigh.

Third, I think that that jacket screams "Justin Bieber" more than "Audrey Spainhower." But I can see you wearing it.

Ariel said...

AMEN! I feel the same way, sick of my major, don't want to graduate, don't know what I want to do, want to be a student forever, wish I could restart college, etc.
And Baby Bieber. Heart.
Love you Audrey! And miss you.

eliseila said...

I like the jacket and I think it does scream Audrey! And I think it is funny that you went back and looked at it three times before you bought it. Now you are sure that you like it very much! That screams Audrey also. Now you just need a ship to sail on. love Mom

Taryn Davis said...

I have pretty much the same sentiments about school.I miss it, there is so much I didn't get to do, and I love campus! I pretty much loved on campus and I've seriously gone through some withdrawals.