Thursday, September 16, 2010

Yep, that's me.

I realized, yesterday, that wherever I go, I carry little bits that boldly proclaim exactly who I am.

Exhibit A: My attire and equipment at the gym.

First, I will have my yellow iPod that has written on the back of it: "Ah Music." This is significant for several reasons: 1) It is chuck full of Michael Jackson music. He sings to me and it brightens my day. 2) yellow is my favorite color. and 3) the "Ah Music" quote actually comes from Albus Dumbledore in HP1 after the students and faculty at Hogwarts complete a spirited rendition of the Hogwarts school song. I love Harry Potter.

Second, I will be carrying a book, and quite possibly it will be a Tennis Shoes book (like yesterday). Around the book will be an elastic head band that I will use to strap the book onto the elliptical machine. I love books way too much, and somehow I came up with a way to hold the book open to read, while I listen to Michael Jackson and exercise at the same time. Multi-tasking. I'm a pro.

Third, The only piece of jewelry I will be wearing is a CTR ring. The CTR ring that I have been wearing for more than half of my life (purchased; $10; Nauvoo, Illinois; August 1999; age 11). I am a very sentimental person. I keep things for a very long time. AND, the ring signifies the high priority that religion is in my life.

Fourth, The probability that the shirt I will be wearing bears some sort of BYU logo is very high. I love BYU and I wish I could be a student there for the rest of my life.