Sunday, September 12, 2010

On a scale of 1 to 10.

How excited am I about starting school this fall? Probably a 9. I actually want to do my homework. I was way too excited about going to class this morning. I think part of the reason is because I am just so happy about not having to work all day every day anymore like I have been. I used to love love love my job, but I really started to hate it when I had to spend so much time there. But now, I will only work a few hours a day and life will be peachy. I will get to spend evenings playing with my friends or studying in the library. It's my last semester on campus, and I am determined to go out with a bang-- and good grades.

How much do I love having BOTH of my sisters in Provo? 10. For sure. I love spending time with them. There is nothing quite like hanging out with your sisters. I can be as mean as I want to be, and they will still like me and want me around. It's great. I can get mad at Elise for parking stupid. I can borrow clothes, shoes, and movies (hey thanks) from Stephanie. I can make Elise store some of my stuff because her room is WAY bigger than mine. I can go to Stephanie's and eat her sundae nut cones and lemonade/strawberry sorbet. I can lounge around with them like a lump and they won't even think I'm lazy. And I can make Elise watch Queen music videos, because she is always interested in what I want to show her.

How much fun did I have in San Diego? 9. I loved almost every minute of it. (the driving and the slight clashing of males and females about the amount of time to spend shopping dropped the total score 1 point) I spent ALL of my money (that is seriously not an exaggeration. I wish it was. But it's not). I went to the beach and fell in love with the ocean. I went to Sea World and saw the Penguins. I touched a sting ray and a starfish. I shopped for probably 6 hours and bought new dresses and school clothes (that's where all the money went). I got really tan. I went to the new Mormon Battalion visitor's center in Old Towne San Diego (seriously a cool place). I got to see the grumpy sides of some of the boys who came with us. That's a plus and a minus. AND at the end of the trip I was able to spend a couple of days in St. George with my family. Once I get pictures from my vacation, I'll post them with more details. :)

How great was it to spend time in St. George? 10. I love St. George more than any other place on Earth. This is what I did while I was there: 1. went to the dump with my Dad. 2. helped my mom in her first grade classroom for a couple of hours. 3. Went to Cedar City for Moriah's tennis match. 4. Hung out at the cell phone booth in Costco to visit with Andrew. 5. Went to Wal-Mart at midnight on Monday to get Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games series (I should have a separate post about that), and then read it. 6. Had lunch with Jenny twice, and once with both Jenny and Kennedy (who is getting married November 6, btw). 7. Went to Iceberg with Moe and sat out in her car and chatted for like an hour. 8. Sat outside in the St. George sun and tried to plan out my life after graduation. I'll let you know if I get anywhere on that plan... 9. I climbed up on the Sugar Loaf all by myself in 109 degree weather (because I love it so much) on the afternoon that I left to go back to Provo. I sat there and took in my city. 10. I drove past the temple a couple of times just to look.

How much do I love my ward? 10. 10. 10. 10. 10. I love love love it. I loved it a super lot in the summer time because I knew everyone, but now I still love it because I know about a fourth of everyone, and plus I have so many new people to meet! I love living in Provo and meeting new people everyday. I love talking to people and making them like me and dressing up for church on Sunday and going to ward prayer and impressing all the newbies in the ward with our fabulous ward traditions! I will miss a lot of the people who have moved out, though. I do love them.

2 comments:

Calista said...

Audrey . . . I just miss you. And wish that there was a time that we could thoroughly dissect Mockingjay. And the other books in the series, because I had to re-read all of them after reading Mockingjay.

Moe said...

On a scale of one to ten:

How much I love Audrey: one billion plus infinity!