Thursday, July 8, 2010

American Idol

Billboard posted an article about the all-time top 24 American Idol contestants, using album and track sales and radio airplay as the the judges. I was pleased the see that Kelly Clarkson came out on top. The original Idol, I guess, still packs the most punch. She's sold more- and been played more- than everyone else. Carrie Underwood is a close second. So, question. Is Kelly the highest because she's been around the longest? Will she eventually be overtaken by Carrie? Or maybe by the number 3, Jordin Sparks? Or even number 4, Chris Daughtry.

I hope not.

Click HERE for the article.

4 comments:

Calista said...

But Chris Daughtrey never won - he was voted off by a lack of votes. I guess this is looking at contestants, not actual winners. In my book, Carrie and Kelly tie every time. Carrie is so amazing - but I just don't dig country enough to think she's the greatest. And I have always loved Kelly, but not so much lately. Tie.

p.s. I love commenting on your blog because your posts are so fun

dani said...

i would just like to point out that all of the posts up on the first page of your blog are about elements of pop culture that you are obsessed with.

it's funny.

and come back to provo please.

amy said...

i love kelly. i mean, i voted her in the original ai season. but. carrie is the best idol of all time.

you're not in provo?! you're coming to wedding right?!

eliseila said...

GO KELLY!!! Audge? you're sort of weirdy...I LOVE it!

p.s. time for another blog post...