Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Update.

So, update on the Mr. Downey movie watching.

I watched The Soloist the last couple of nights (it just took a while to finish it), and I actually really liked it. I usually don't like movies that are dramatic and hard to watch with difficult life situations (exhibit A: Pursuit of Happyness). But I liked this one. It made me want to help people. Be better.

It made me want to be a reporter, actually. A newspaper columnist. A writer. It made me want to find stories, write about them, and then change people's lives as a result.

And Robert Downey, Jr. was fantastic. Oh how I have a talent crush on him. And a real crush. And Jamie Foxx was absolutely amazing. And whoever did the make-up did a really good job at making everyone actually look bad- like they were normal people who don't get a facials every other day. I appreciated that. To an extent. (the authenticity of it at least... but really?)

It was a little artsy and weird, which is something that I don't always appreciate. But as a whole, I appreciated the movie. And the acting. And the message. And the fact that it makes me want to be a writer.

That's all.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Told you long ago that you should be a writer!

amy said...

yeah that movie made me want to be a reporter too. and then i went to all my journalism classes.

eliseila said...

so much for writing.. you're blog misses you.. p.s. the verification word i have to type is derier. hahaha that made me giggle:)