Friday, June 25, 2010

Michael.

Michael Jackson died one year ago today. In his memory I am going to eat tacos (his favorite food), drink orange gatorade (his favorite pre-concert beverage), watch his music videos on a projector screen, listen to his music, and talk about him incessantly.

You should do the same.

Also, if you want to remember specifics of his greatness, check out this post.

One year ago today I was laying in my bed at the Barlow Center feeling very ill. I had stayed home from the museum that must not be named that day because I had a high fever and felt so crappy. I remember taking a shower around 3pm, and feeling so nauseous, tired, and dizzy in the shower that I started to blackout. I saw spots and everything was going black, so I sat down and tried to regain control. I was very sick. Somehow I was able to get dressed and make it back to bed. I fell asleep for several hours, and right after I woke up, Stephanie called, her voice full of panic and tremors, to tell me that Michael Jackson had died. 

Let's just say it was kind of a bad day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't miss him...