Thursday, April 8, 2010

American Idol is back.

Up until this week, I've been kind of frowny about this season of American Idol. Part of that was because I've rarely had time to watch it, and when I did, I was only able to watch some contestants.

WELL, this week I managed to watch all three hours. And now I remember why I love American Idol.  Boys with hot voices. Yep. I've already purchased Lee Dewyze's cover of "Hey Jude" (One of my all-time favorite songs... it was the centerpiece of my Beatles phase in high school), and I am one click away from adding "Jealous Guy" by Casey James to my iTunes American Idol collection (I currently have every David Archuleta song, all the performances from Matt Giraud last year, and a couple of Adam Lambert. My one regret is not ever purchasing David Cook's "Billie Jean.")

Anyway, here are the songs for your listening pleasure.





Seriously, listen to these.

Oh, and also, Kara is kind of scary and Ellen isn't that funny. I mean, normally she is, but not really on American Idol. But I love Randy and Simon. I just don't like the new blood. And Ryan Seacrest is my favorite.

And, David Archuleta is am.a.zing. He just is.

Rhianna, couldn't you have picked a different song last night? There are SO MANY other good songs on your album. Why did you pick "Rockstar 101"? "Cold Case Love" and "Firebomb" are both WAY better.

Jason DeRulo, you are cool. But that "In My Head" song is kind of annoying, because really, the message is contradictory. And I liked the michael-esque spikes on your shoulder.

Another thought-- why is is that I suddenly become blog crazy at finals time? It happened last semester too. I blogged like everyday. I think that it's because blogging is just one more way to put off doing my homework. Yep, that's probably it. Plus, when I'm studying, I'm thinking critically a lot more. haha.

2 comments:

dani said...

look, audrey.
i want to convert you to survivor.
you would love it, promise.

Anonymous said...

I say LOST. you need to watch this last week's episode. All time favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TR2NF8NZL0

this is when I learned what procrastination was :)