Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Madness

I am obsessed. For the past three days, I have been obsessively keeping track of the scores and checking my bracket. And guess what. I am still tied for first place in my brother's bracket group. And day four is over. And I'm still on top. I am the master at March Madness.

I took a lot of hits, though. BYU. Kansas. Villanova. Georgetown. So much loss, misery, and pain. My potential score is super low now. Upsets. WHY, oh why!??! And poor BYU. I wish we wouldn't have lost. They would have played in Salt Lake last week. That would have been AMAZING. And poor Jimmer. Broken nose. That beautiful face, marred.

I LOVE MARCH MADNESS. And I want to win. But I just don't know if that is still possible.

Also, the round one BYU game was on Thursday morning, and I was at work. So.... I watched it in my office, on my computer, on a live feed. With head phones. And I switched the windows back and forth when people walked by, so I wouldn't get in trouble. These are the sorts of sacrifice a BYU/basketball/march madness fan must make. Risky business. Would have been awful to lose my job. AND, I had just recently asked my boss for a letter of recommendation...

Anyway

I am just really excited that I will be at BYU for another year, will be able to buy another year's worth of a sport's pass, and go to football and basketball games for another year. New quarterback. More Jimmer. What could possibly be better? I have no clue. I love BYU sports. LOVE them.

5 comments:

Ron and Maggie said...

My husband's teachers have been canceling class to watch the games and they've placed bets Basically gambling and its BYU-I..I laugh at all of this crazy march madness but I just wanted you to now that You're not the only one putting off work trust me! and at least you're not gambling!!! Or are you?

Audrey said...

Nope. :) No gambling, Maggie!

dani said...

mmm yes. the addiction of byu sports. i am excited that you're gonna be a 5th year senior with me :)
ha we're so sad.

Audrey said...

we are not sad. we are cool. Super seniors, baby.

Craig and Cassie said...

Audrey, It's almost 1 AM where I live and I feel like quite the stalker... but I used to be roommates with Stephanie and I no longer have a working number for her and I haven't talked to her in almost 4 years and I'd love to get in touch with her. I was on Jessica Doxey's blog, which led me to her sisters, which led me to yours. Stalker I know, but if you have an email or # for Steph I'd love to get it! Or you could give her mine if you don't want to be giving her info out. Just email me... cassiea@gmail.com

Thanks!
Cassie

p.s. i like that you are into march madness!