Wednesday, January 21, 2009

80's Skating: very fun but very painful.

Reasons Why:
1) Uh, it was 80's night! What is more fun than poofy hair, hot pink lipstick, minis, and leggings?
2) My girls are awesome, and now we are real friends with Amy and Lindsay downstairs. We are no longer just Sunday friends- we made the transition.
3) Classic roller skates are the bomb.com until you fall. That's where the painful part comes in.
4) I fell TWO times. First, I landed on my side and got a big bruise. Second, I fell straight backwards and smacked my tailbone on the floor. It hurt so bad I couldn't move for a minute, and I seriously almost cried. I never cry. We went skating on Saturday. It is now Wednesday. My tailbone is STILL sore. And I swear that I got whiplash from the experience. My neck was killing me afterward!
5) The skates scraped the skin off of my right ankle. That was particularly painful in the shower the next day.
6) Requesting "Billie Jean" and dedicating the song to Ashley and Devon in honor of their recent engagement...
7) Attempting to dance while skating. That may have been the reason for all the pain.
8) Well, that's about it. The night was fun until we put the skates on, and then it was too painful to be fun anymore.
9) But how about this one: when I realized that the 3" silver heels that I was wearing with my outfit were more comfortable than the skates I was wearing. It was honestly a relief to put them back on at the end of the night.
10) Singing in the car on the way to classic skating and back. I always love singing in the car.

PS- I have a shout-out for my Ash Baby. I love you, darling! And congratulations on the diamond! SCORE!!!! I'm so excited for you. :)

3 comments:

Ashley and Devon said...

oh auds! i love that you call me ash baby! you are always my auds! thanks for the special shout out--i feel so special! i love you so much and hope your sore tailbone heals soon :(. also i LOVED billy jean! dev did too :)

Moe said...

That sounds so fun!! I wish there was a skating rink here!

Natalya said...

my friend at east pushed me over,i fell on my tailbone!! it hurt's, huh?