Sunday, March 17, 2013

IDK what this is about.

1. Don't worry. I just filled out 4 brackets. That might be a record for me. I usually have like 2. Maybe 3. Favorite bracket name I came up with: #winning. BAHAHAHA.

2. This weekend I partied hard at the wedding reception of one Megan Marie Knell (Yates). I wandered into her reception by myself and found her in the crowd. She turned and looked at me with sheer shock and excitement that I was there, and I was just SO HAPPY to see her. Seriously I think it had been since 2010 when I ran into her in the library and BYU. And she is such a dear friend and such an amazing person. We spent a lot of time together in high school, but we first met on the stake pioneer trek in 2003. We were sisters and both the new kids. She was my favorite. :) But so anyway, I started blubbering like a baby. It was embarrassing. I rarely get emotional about, like, anything. But I really love my friends. And Megan Knell is just one of those dear people that you kind of just want to keep with you forever. And so we hugged like 3 times and just kept saying "I love you!!!" and it was great. But quite blubbery on my part. Ick. The wedding, by the way, was gorgeous and amazing and all I would have imagined it to be. I am so happy for her. And I was so happy to be able to make it to the reception.

But so anyway, I called Elise while coming home from the reception and confessed that I was no longer in the mood to go to this St. Patrick's Day party that I was planning on. I didn't feel like being social anymore...I had just been blubbering. And I was feeling sorry for myself about not being married or having a child (I had just read Dani's blog post of her baby's birth story and was seriously feeling a lot of jealousy). Somehow my mother pulled it out of Elise that I wasn't going to the party anymore, and then I get a text from mother instructing me to go to the party so that I could meet boys.

I just think that I do a very good job of being social and I am only upset about the marriage thing like 1% of my life, so I'm pretty sure that taking ONE night off isn't going to kill me. And by the time I got home I was feeling pretty much better anyway, so that's when I went bowling. See #3.

3. I also partied at the random bowling alley on 3300 South on Friday night. With some buddies. I bowled an 85. Not. too. shabby.

4. The next party took place on Saturday at my cousin Samuel's play. He was a star. Check my instagram for a movie poster-esque ad for the play. It was Shakespeare. Troilus and Cressida. And it was really awesome. Sam was a lead and had to kiss and be all over this girl. I was like, WHOA THERE LITTLE BOY (it was like when Bieber kisses that girl at the end of that Chris Brown video and you mourn the loss of baby bieber). He's 17....but he's my little cousin. It was weird. He's such a doll, though. And the play was intense. I was literally on the edge of my seat. :)

5. Our second roller blading escapade happened this afternoon. We did the usual visits and then we tried to ride past one of those signs that tells cars how much over the speed limit they are going. We were under, just so you know. A whopping 6mph. Pretty sure we are going to try for higher speeds next week. We also got severals offers from boys with bikes to pull us waterski style behind them. I think that sounds delightfully dangerous and it will happen in the near future. But I might buy some knee pads first. Or maybe just the cool-looking wrist guards (because I'm pretty sure I will catch myself with my hands if I fall and my wrists are already fairly fragile).


And there you go. Some random random for your reading pleasure.

1 comment:

Moe said...

I bowled an 85. Not too shabby. Audrey my dear you crack me up. Also, I almost cried at Megan's shower. Like really- I had to stop myself. I have not seen her probably since 2006. She really is a dear person.