Tuesday, February 12, 2013

True story.

This conversation took place with my coworkers today. I want to say that names have been changed, but they haven't. This is because the story is mostly about me.

Some background: John hates Valentine's Day. He think it feels contrived and that his wife already knows that he loves her. And he doesn't need a special day to show it. Liz hates Valentine's jewelry commercials and their stupid tag lines. I'm unsure of the reason for this.

And so the conversation went as follows:

John: I hate Valentine's day.
Liz: I hate jewelry commercials.
Jason: But then you can't go to Jared!
Me: (yelled over the cubicles--- I couldn't actually see these people) Yeah, every kiss begins with Kay!!
Me: (to Brooke, who I could see) Oh Em Gee, I'm so glad that every kiss DOESN'T begin with Kay.
Brooke: What?
Me: There would be a whole lot less kisses in the world.
John: Yeah that would be bad.
Brooke: every jewelry store would have to start with "K."

.......pause......

Me: (still processing. and then, in my best explanatory and exclamatory voice:) OH MY GOSH EVERY KISS DOES BEGIN WITH "K"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(John bursts out from behind the cubicle wall, on his wheeled desk chair)
John: What did you just say??????

Extreme laughter from all parties at the expense of Audrey.

I can't believe I never understood that before.

This is like the day when I realized why "The Biggest Loser" is called "The Biggest Loser."

And just for the record, I love Valentine's Day and everything about it. Because why wouldn't I want an extra reason to remind everyone that I love them?

Also just for the record,

THIS:


I feel like this song, WAY MORE than "Suit and Tie," is what we were all waiting for. It's like a hint of classic JT but with some new swag flavor.

And this:


And also this:

Phillip Phillips is coming to Orem in March. And guess who is going to be there? This girl.

2 comments:

dani said...

oh my gosh i wish i could have been there to laugh at your expense! hahahahaha that is hilarious!

Jennifer said...

love you Aud!