Friday, April 8, 2011

1 week

I'm coming home a week from tomorrow. I'm not even going to try and explain how crazy that is.

But I have some randoms for today.

1. Casey Abrams, I knew that American Idol was going to deliver for me this year, but I didn't think it would be in the beardy, 19-year-old, and awkward form of you. (See "Your Song" from last week or "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" from this week.



2. I had a nightmare last night that caused me to-literally- yell out in anger and frustration. It woke up my roommate. She asked me if I was okay--- and then asked for an explanation of the dream. So I had a dream that my sister, Elise, was giving me a haircut, and she did a great job. But then my mom (whose hair salon we were in [sidenote: my mother is not a hair dresser and does not own a salon]), said she needed to fix the layers up a bit. So she did, and then I went into the back of the salon to look in the mirror and get a drink of water. I drank out of the sink and then looked up and gasped. My hair had been chopped to my chin. I immediately started hyperventilating and I couldn't speak right. My words came out in small shrieks and whispers-- no actual voice was coming through (because I was asleep, obviously), and I was SO frustrated because my Mom and Elise had not been alerted to my panic-- I wasn't loud enough. And so I finally YELLED, pointing to my head, "WHAT IS THIS???!!". And that's when I yelled out loud and woke myself, and my roommate, up.


(I've been a sleep talker for as long as I remember. All of my roommates, friends, cousins, and siblings have stories. This event, though, has caused me to think a bit deeper about my sleep talking habits. I did a little bit of research. Apparently sleep talking can either be caused by serious disorders (I think we can rule that out), or by stress, depression, fever, sleep deprivation, day-time drowsiness, and alcohol. Stress? check. Sleep deprivation? check. Day-time drowsiness? check.  But all of those things haven't existed consistently my whole life. There must be something wrong with my brain. Maybe I'm like the guy on Phenomenon. Or maybe I'm just one of those people who sleep talks because she can't ever say as much as she wants to during the day).

3. A federal government shutdown is imminent, which means that the Cherry Blossom festivities I have been looking forward to this weekend will most likely be canceled. Poo on disagreement in Congress. The Constitution is hanging by a thread ya'll. Jk. haha But seriously.

4. I love talking to people who know me well. It is so draining to have to explain all the weird things I do to everyone around.

Example 1: In the mall yesterday, I was talking to Moe on the phone. I told her about some stuff I was looking at. She asked if I was going to buy anything. I said, I want to, but probably not, because, "you know how I do." She said yes, and we moved on. She knows that I have to try things on and think about them a lot before buying anything. But I didn't have to say any of that. And I didn't have to hear any comments about how weird that is.

Example 2: 2 days ago, while chatting to Meghan on the phone, my roommates suddenly alerted me to the fact that American Idol had started and the first contestant was singing a Michael Jackson song. I was off the phone very easily in approximately 3 seconds. A quick "Michael's on American Idol" and an "okay bye" was all the exchange necessary. She understands that these are two of the most important things, and all stops for them.

I'm just so excited to live with people again who will be expecting to go and do something fun on Friday night with me. Things just work better that way.

Until next time,

Audge

5 comments:

Lorina said...

Audrey I'm so excited for you to come to Utah! I haven't seen you in forever!

lene b said...

cannot WAIT!!

lene b said...

also. have you ever seen the rain is one of the most beautiful things i have heard. thanks for sharing. :) imma fan.

Kate said...

Provo summer=magic.

Jennifer said...

Oh Aud! I love you!