Sunday, November 8, 2009

My little buddy's baptism.


I drove to Huntsville last weekend to see my favorite little cousin, Daxton, get baptized. He is such a sweet little boy (even if he is a little crazy), and we have always been best friends.

A couple years ago he used to call me and just talk. Like every day. It was very sweet, but when it got excessive, his mother hid my phone number from him. He found it though, and proceeded to call me while hidden under his parent's bed so his mom didn't know. By the time she discovered this, he had already memorized my phone number. :)

Daxton is one of my favorite things about visiting my relatives. At our last family party, the best part was when Dax and I went into the basement to play dominos- just him and me. And we used to jump on the tramp at his house all the time, and he was so little that he would just fly around like Captain Smallet on Muppet Treasure Island, and I would fall down laughing at him, and he would be like, "what?? What's so funny??" while he kept flopping around. I spent so much time with this little boy that when I would go home to St. George (his family lives in Huntsville, Utah), I would miss him like crazy. I used to stay at his family's house and sleep in the extra bed in his room, but when we went to sleep, he would crawl in bed with me, and even though we slept on different sides of the bed, he would curl his little hand around my neck to sleep. It was so incredibly sweet.

I love this little guy, and I had the honor of speaking at his baptism. I told him how important the gospel was to me, and all about baptismal covenants. I hope he remembers.

But anyway, It was awesome to be able to see him get baptized. This is just another reason why I'm glad that I decided to stay home from a mission for the time being-- to see Dax and to speak at his baptism.

1 comment: